+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application Questions - Addresses and Travel Documents

RufiO

May 9, 2022
Hello,

Just looking for some help with a couple of questions when filling out my online citizenship application:

1. For my addresses for the last five years: I spent an extended time (7 months) back in the US during the pandemic to help my family. I was at my parent's home. My husband was still here in Canada at our residence and it was still my residence too. SO, since I was gone for that long, do I list my parent's home address as one of my addresses in the 5 year list? I was visiting, and I know you don't include vacation addresses, but I'm not sure since it was for such an extended time. I did not formally change my address during that time and for taxes and everything my Candian address was still in effect the whole time.

2. Under travel documents, do we also include our current PR card, old work permit, and visitor permit papers as travel documents? Or is it just passports?

Thank you!

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
Hello,

Just looking for some help with a couple of questions when filling out my online citizenship application:

1. For my addresses for the last five years: I spent an extended time (7 months) back in the US during the pandemic to help my family. I was at my parent's home. My husband was still here in Canada at our residence and it was still my residence too. SO, since I was gone for that long, do I list my parent's home address as one of my addresses in the 5 year list? I was visiting, and I know you don't include vacation addresses, but I'm not sure since it was for such an extended time. I did not formally change my address during that time and for taxes and everything my Candian address was still in effect the whole time.

2. Under travel documents, do we also include our current PR card, old work permit, and visitor permit papers as travel documents? Or is it just passports?

Thank you!
1.- You have to include your parents address and you will need police record (more than 180 days in the USA)
2.- Just passports