+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application - Question #11

googler

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Hi

In question #11 of the new citizenship application, there is a table that asks for:

- Where were you physically located?
- Name of contact
- Phone number
- Email address

Do we have to fill in these details for the applicant or for the work supervisor or employer, for example? If it is for the applicant, it seems redundant as we have provided such info earlier in the form.

Thanks for the clarification!

Mazcar

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I just wrote the company/institution name again. Looks like this form was prepared by CO-OP students instead of professional developers.

Reactions: mreda13

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
I am still unclear on question 11 , name of contact? Should we put in a specific person?? Which means we will have to call our old employer or educational institute and put in a persons info???

hellowww1

Oct 11, 2017
What if I was traveling during the eligibility period for about 6 month? should I put down the contact name and info? I put N/A for now... but not quite sure..

torontoguy87

Oct 5, 2017
What if I was traveling during the eligibility period for about 6 month? should I put down the contact name and info? I put N/A for now... but not quite sure..
I was travelling for about 6 months too.
I put unemployed and contact name/info is myself.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I'm puzzled on that one too, had a 5 months employment gap and not sure what to write here as a contact info! This question actually sucks, its as if they are suggesting/expecting one should be employed to be eligible for citizenship...which shouldn't be the case.

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
I was doing business,
whose contact info should I write, I can not write my customer name and email.
Also whose address, it should be, should it be my own address ?

vherpunzalan

Jul 20, 2014
I'm confused with the "where were you physically located?" I thought this is vague. Did they want to know what's the address of the institution or our home address?

sontin

Jan 16, 2014
This question is very confusing. I'm putting down my manager's contact details in the employment sections. Hoping that is alright.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi

In question #11 of the new citizenship application, there is a table that asks for:

- Where were you physically located?
- Name of contact
- Phone number
- Email address

Do we have to fill in these details for the applicant or for the work supervisor or employer, for example? If it is for the applicant, it seems redundant as we have provided such info earlier in the form.

Thanks for the clarification!
This question is very confusing. I'm putting down my manager's contact details in the employment sections. Hoping that is alright.
Have to fill in your work contact's information - supervisor or HR. IRCC clarified it on twitter/facebook.

Shah111

Dec 18, 2017
I wanted to ask a question pertaining to leaving any gaps.

Going from high school to University I went for a holiday for two months. Do I have to add that part in the application or will it be viewed as a gap and returned?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
I wanted to ask a question pertaining to leaving any gaps.

Going from high school to University I went for a holiday for two months. Do I have to add that part in the application or will it be viewed as a gap and returned?
You can say that you were unemployed those 2 months to ensure no gap is in there :)

Reactions: Shah111

Lutster

Dec 19, 2017
I'm confused with the "where were you physically located?" I thought this is vague. Did they want to know what's the address of the institution or our home address?
HI
I was reading the thread and was wondering the same thing. Did you get that figured out? What address should we put down?