+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application processing time.. winnipeg office

ISK

Dec 29, 2012
I called Wpg office today and they told me they scheduled a test date for me ... finally... finally finally something is happening

my timeline

june 1st 2011 application sent
june 9th 2011 they receive it
july 2011 they send study book
feb 2012 sent to wpg office
sept 27th 2013 they send me a letter to take test
oct 16th 2013 test date

;) now all I have to do is study again

cannotwait

Aug 20, 2013
ISK said:
I called Wpg office today and they told me they scheduled a test date for me ... finally... finally finally something is happening

my timeline

oct 16th 2013 test date

Congratulations. Just to clarify you case is in process in Feb 2012 right? I sent my appt in Sept 2011 and IP in Dec 12. So far haven't heard anything yet. Did you call Wpg office or the CIC 1800 number? Where did you get the Wpg office number? I thought you can never call them directly.

LLAY

May 1, 2013
ISK said:

my timeline

oct 16th 2013 test date

Hello ISK,
Congrats.
I didnt get anything.. but it seemed like i am getting close.. Good news.
LLAY

YoungerMan

Apr 2, 2013
Hi ISK,

I have a similar period of waiting time to you. I applied at the end of June 2011 and I recently got the letter to write the citizenship test.
I do have one question (and if any one else knows please feel free to reply back):
On the letter it says to bring a bunch of documents with us such as the letter itself, 2 pieces of ID and all original documents that support the citizenship application, etc.

Does any one know what documents they are referring to all original documents that support the application? As you guys understand I am an immigrant and there for I am not really sure what original documents they are referring to.

Thanks and have a good night

YoungerMan

Apr 2, 2013
Hi guys,

I spoke with CIC this morning and they said that the two documents that they refer to are the record of landing and the PR card.

Does any one have anything else they think I should bring with me that could support my application?

Thanks

ISK

Dec 29, 2012
I brought all my documents both and also photocopies.. Better safe then sorry. I brought my birthcertificate, passport, prcard (even if expired) health card, drivers licence, landed paper, a paper they sent for us to sign. That's it I think. Just waiting for a letter with ceremony info now ;)

LLAY

May 1, 2013
Hi Guys,
I just received my letter today.
They sent it out at Oct 17, test was set at Nov 8th.

reynettevos

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
Hi to all fellow Winnipeg applicants.

My timeline is as follows:
Sent App Feb 2013
Recieved cpp s Feb 2013
In process April 2013

I called cic on three ocasions , agents friendly and gave conflicting answers.
I wanted to know if file was transfered to Winnipeg etc. First agent said still in Sydney and are doing backgrounds.
One week later agent said file gone to Winnipeg. Today agent said the other one made a error and that file is infact still in Sydney, checks are complete and no RQ issued.
What do I make of this and how soon can I expect transfere and test date.

ISK

Dec 29, 2012
You should expect 2-3 years from application sent in until test. I waited 28 1/2 month after sending application in until my test and now i am waiting for ceremony

Lei_F

Oct 3, 2013
ISK said:
You should expect 2-3 years from application sent in until test. I waited 28 1/2 month after sending application in until my test and now i am waiting for ceremony
There wasn't a citizenship judge for Manitoba for a quite a bit of time until this summer. Hopefully it will speed up the process little bit from now on.

reynettevos

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
Lei_F said:
There wasn't a citizenship judge for Manitoba for a quite a bit of time until this summer. Hopefully it will speed up the process little bit from now on.

Thanx for all your comments.
???