+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application - Payment not approved

pinko77

Feb 24, 2022
Hello,

I am in the middle of my Citizenship application, almost done, just need to pay the online fees but I am currently stuck here.

I previously paid other fees (PR, etc,) without any problem but this time I am getting a message saying "Your Payment has not been approved". I tried multiple times, same issue. I even called my bank and the transaction was approved from their side...but for some reason still didn't go through from the Online Payment section.

I am using a Canadian Credit Card (Mastercard) and Chrome.

Did you experience a similar problem before and how did you fix it?

Thank you for your help!

Aug 5, 2022
Hello,

I am in the middle of my Citizenship application, almost done, just need to pay the online fees but I am currently stuck here.

I previously paid other fees (PR, etc,) without any problem but this time I am getting a message saying "Your Payment has not been approved". I tried multiple times, same issue. I even called my bank and the transaction was approved from their side...but for some reason still didn't go through from the Online Payment section.

I am using a Canadian Credit Card (Mastercard) and Chrome.

Did you experience a similar problem before and how did you fix it?

Thank you for your help!
Hi! I am experiencing same problem of transaction not approved while applying for Citizen. Was your problem resolved? If yes, please share the resolution.
Thank you.

pinko77

Feb 24, 2022
Hi,

I reached out to both IRCC and Mastercard to let them know about the issue. I heard of other people experiencing exactly the same problem.

IRCC let me know about the following: “We recommend that you contact your financial institution to ensure that international payments are enabled and that the 3DS2.0 is set up correctly. You should specify that you are paying online on a website that has 3DS2.0.“

I spoke with Mastercard three times to let them know about the issue I was experiencing and 3DS2.0, they took my feedback and were supposed to look into it and get back to me but I never heard back.

At the end I got tired to wait, I did try with a VISA card and the payment went through right away. No problem there! Sorry I don’t have a better answer but until the issue is not solved it might be easier to try with a different card if available.

Aug 5, 2022
Oh, got you. I will try with Visa but first let me check with the bank, if the money was taken from my card. I appreciate your inputs and response. Thanks so much.