+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application - Online vs Paper

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Hello folks

So I am finally at the step where we want to apply for my wife's citizenship. I have seen mixed reviews about sending application via mail vs online method. Basically what I have been told is that online applications take horribly longer than paper applications at the moment. What is the trend? I checked the spreadsheet but it does not indicate the method of application submission. I would prefer online because it is easier, however I would not want to prolong it for that reason. Any insights would be helpful.

Thanks

Reactions: vindhu

elbob

Star Member
Aug 31, 2013
Hello folks

So I am finally at the step where we want to apply for my wife's citizenship. I have seen mixed reviews about sending application via mail vs online method. Basically what I have been told is that online applications take horribly longer than paper applications at the moment. What is the trend? I checked the spreadsheet but it does not indicate the method of application submission. I would prefer online because it is easier, however I would not want to prolong it for that reason. Any insights would be helpful.

Thanks
Spreadsheets DO indicate the method, just scroll to the right a bit.

Paper is much faster for sure.

Good luck