+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application: Language Evidence for 55+ and above

haygirl

Aug 18, 2019
Hi all,

I'm currently helping my aunt applying for her citizenship. I haven't had any luck getting a hold of IRCC regarding this question, so I thought I'd come here to see if anyone has a clue!

My aunt is 55 years old and doesn't speak much English. She's been a PR for over 10 years and meets all the requirements (other than language proficiency). To my understanding, people who are 55 and above do not need to meet the language evidence requirement. However, what do I fill out on the application? Do I simply just leave that section completely blank? Or do I check off "no" to all the boxes that ask if I have knowledge to the language?

I can't seem to find any information regarding this, so any help is much appreciated!

Reactions: teletran

teletran

Jun 2, 2018
What I did - I am over 55... (15. Language evidence) I left the entire section blank and then wrote with blue pen (N/A) next to 15. Language Evidence.
My application was processed; I have done interview and now waiting for oath invite.
Thank you so much for providing this answer. We were wondering what to do in this section also because it the question was confusing based on the options in provided.

Rakit

Apr 2, 2018
hello
MY question is during the interview what the agent can ask , is it information from the guide (geography , history ..)
please if you can provide me with more information for people 55 yrs and more

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
hello
MY question is during the interview what the agent can ask , is it information from the guide (geography , history ..)
please if you can provide me with more information for people 55 yrs and more
A simple chat, what you do in life, where you live, your family, and other generic stuff.
That and some quick documents checks.
Nothing related to the knowledge of Canada. A 55 years old could ignore the name of the country north of USA and that wouldn't be a problem. :D

Reactions: Rakit