+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application in Calgary region

Sep 24, 2013
Hello folks.. I am new here so decided to pitch in.

I had sent my application in Nov 11 and then I got letter in Oct 12 to get finger print done. It seems some one with similar information as me had brushed with law and now I always get screwed as well. Anyway, they had moved my file ito Edmonton and asked me to write test in March 13. I had moved out from Edmonton to Lethbridge so I called CIC office a week before the test and asked them to move my file to Calgary. I got letter from CIC in Sept to appear for test in Lethbridge which was awesome as I did not have to go Calgary to do the testing.

We had around 20 people for the testing and the process was very efficient. I went in, a nice young lady asked me to come to her desk. Got my invitation letter for test, looked around passport quickly ( which was already expired by the way) asked about what I do and had my wife applied for citizenship. Very smooth process and in 5 minutes she handed me the sheet to mark test answers. Test was supposed to start at 0130 and it exactly started at 0130. Questions were fairly easy and in my opinion doing some practice questions freely available on websites are more than enough. I got my test done within 10 minutes and I raised my hand and gave my answer sheet to one of the attendant. Other people were still working on their test. I remain seated on my seat and one of the officer marked my sheet in less than 2 minutes. I guess, I got it all questions right. One of the attendant asked me to come outside, while other people were still working on their test, and gave me the confirmation to attend citizenship oath which was after one day in Lethbridge. I went in to testing at 0130 and was done everything by 0145 which was very impressive and by 0200 I was back in my office. CIC said they come Lethbridge, which falls under Calgary center, twice a year. One in May and other in September.

You don't need tonnes of paper as I saw many people carrying around. What I had was, my passport, PR card, Landing paper IMM whatever, driving licence, signed sheet of not having any criminal offense, and photocopy of biometric information. I guess this is what typically you need unless told otherwise. No need to sweat about photocopying everything and bring huge binder of papers as some of the other people do. One funny thing though, there was this lady who came for the test with a around 6 month old baby in a stroller. When test started baby started crying and one of the CIC personnel took baby in her arms and walked around with a baby in test center while mom was doing her test. That was nice gesture by CIC personnel.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
such a nice and positive narration that I have seen in the recent times. I wish CIC as a whole has this kind of accountability, accessibility and going the extra mile attitude. These CIC people need a loud applause for such nice things that you say they did in a not so big town like Lethbridge (no offense meant, in all fairness I didn't say it is a small town ;))

Congratulations on your accomplishment.

osun

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
my friend submitted his citizenship app march, became in process may, finger print request in sept.It that a good sign.?