+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application from outside Canada

shayusuf247

Nov 10, 2019
Hi,

I meet eligibility criteria for Citizenship. I have permanent home in Canada but I currently live outside Canada temporarily (USA).

I am applying for Citizenship.

I have written Home address of Canada in the application.

For Mailing Address: Should I give Mailing Address of USA?

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
Hi,

I meet eligibility criteria for Citizenship. I have permanent home in Canada but I currently live outside Canada temporarily (USA).

I am applying for Citizenship.

I have written Home address of Canada in the application.

For Mailing Address: Should I give Mailing Address of USA?
It's generally not possible to apply for citizenship from outside Canada as the physical presence calculator asks you for date you returned to Canada. I am not aware of any exceptions.

shayusuf247

Nov 10, 2019
I see. But it's wired as in the eligibility criteria they never mention that you have to be physically present in Canada to apply.

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
I see. But it's wired as in the eligibility criteria they never mention that you have to be physically present in Canada to apply.
It's not a written rule I think, but the system won't let you submit without entering a return date. If you enter a bogus date for the sake, that would be misrepresentation. Get everything ready, and then just travel back to Canada for a couple of days and submit while in Canada.

Reactions: shayusuf247

shayusuf247

Nov 10, 2019
So, I went to Canada for 2 days. Applied Citizenship online and came back. While Appling Citizenship, I uploaded US Visa details in 'Other/Additional document' section - This is to be transparent of all my visa status. (Note: I also plan to go back to Canada for test and oath as needed)

Now, Should I let IRCC know that my current address changed after applying? Or it doesn't matter?
And If you suggest that I should let them know.. then how? via webform?