+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application from Dec 2017

kozi4ever

Jul 17, 2019
For me

Citizenship Application(s)

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February , 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March , 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on August , 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on September , 2018
  5. pass test in September , 2018
  6. Now----- Citizenship Application Status ---- In Process

Renew Permanent Resident Card Application
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December , 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January , 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on January , 2020.

Today I received this mail from MP

• The application is considered non-routine due to the following reason:
    • the file is under review because it requires further verifications. Rest assured that the responsible office will inform the applicant, if they have to provide further details.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications are currently valid.
  • The immigration verifications are currently valid.
  • Because the application is non-routine, there is no specific processing time to finalize it. Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application.
  • We recommend that the applicant verifies the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to see when a new notice is sent to them.
  • If the application is approved:
    • the next step is to wait for the ceremony appointment. At the ceremony, the applicant will take the oath and receive their citizenship certificate.
  • If the application is refused:
    • a refusal letter will be sent to the applicant to inform them of the decision, and
    • the Right of Citizenship Fee will be refunded.
We can provide you with the following details about the status of your constituent’s application to renew a permanent resident card (PR card) :

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on December , 2019, and is currently in process.
  • A note on file added on January , 2020, indicates that the file was transferred to the program support unit for further review. The file is being reviewed and the responsible office will contact the applicant if more information is required.
  • If the application is approved:
    • the card will usually be issued with a five-year validity and will most likely be mailed to your constituent.
    • in certain cases, they may be required to pick up their card at the nearest local IRCC office. If this is the case, they will receive an appointment letter, either by mail OR email, from the responsible office. It will also indicate which documents they must bring.
  • If your constituent does not meet the residency obligation or is otherwise inadmissible*:
    • the card could be issued with a one-year validity period,
    • an investigation could be opened and enforcement action could be taken.

My wife and my children

Citizenship Application(s)
design made

Renew Permanent Resident Card Application
got the renewed residence permit (Received PR) in January , 2020.
a file separation request was received and was refused by the officer.

what should I do?
I can't sleep
I can't wait longer than this period (from Dec 2017)
Do I go to a private lawyer or Legal Aid

your advice please ?