+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application form Q 9c & 11

kis7ooskarr

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
hi guys, please share your thoughts thanks!!

For the citizenship application form, I have two questions:
1. Question 9c: I have been residing in Canada for the last 5 years. But I have a few vacations of about 1 week and went back to original country once for 2 months. Should I tick YES or NO on this question? If I tick yes, I would be required to fill form CIT0177. But that form doesn't aplly to me...
How did you deal with this question??

2. Question 11: what would be the address for unemployed period? Should I put N/A or my home address?

GBH

Jul 25, 2014

1. Question 9c: I have been residing in Canada for the last 5 years. But I have a few vacations of about 1 week and went back to original country once for 2 months. Should I tick YES or NO on this question? If I tick yes, I would be required to fill form CIT0177. But that form doesn't aplly to me...

2. Question 11: what would be the address for unemployed period? Should I put N/A or my home address?
For unemployed put your home address - place where you were staying when you were unemployed

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
For unemployed put your home address - place where you were staying when you were unemployed
Are you sure?

I am confused. I am staying in a rented Apartment and I put my Apartment Manager's Name and contact details.

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
Are you sure?

I am confused. I am staying in a rented Apartment and I put my Apartment Manager's Name and contact details.
The rented apartment was in your name (lease for the apartment) that was your home.. as far as name of contact is concerned , I put N/A... I'm not sure about that

kis7ooskarr

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
What if I moved and had more than one home addresses for that unemployed period? Should I list all addresses or only one address for each unemployed period?

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
What if I moved and had more than one home addresses for that unemployed period? Should I list all addresses or only one address for each unemployed period?
Thats what I did , when I was unemployed I changed location and mentioned all those addresses with dates, name of contact I still put N/A

cupcakes

Jan 10, 2014
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
05-15-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-25-2015
LANDED..........
06-15-2015
If you are ever doubtful of any comment in this forum - call the CIC agent and ask.

You need to put in your home address if you were unemployed for even 2 weeks (e.g. between jobs).

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
The rented apartment was in your name (lease for the apartment) that was your home.. as far as name of contact is concerned , I put N/A... I'm not sure about that
Thank You. But I think their purpose of this question is to check our physical presence when we were unemployed and what is the use if we give our own contact details? Sorry if I am wrong

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
Thank You. But I think their purpose of this question is to check our physical presence when we were unemployed and what is the use if we give our own contact details? Sorry if I am wrong
As far as i think , Yes they would absolutely want to know where you were during that period, I changed two places when I was unemployed, I listed both the addresses with dates, for contact details I put N/A, the person above put his landlords name.. I'm not sure which one is right

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
As far as i think , Yes they would absolutely want to know where you were during that period, I changed two places when I was unemployed, I listed both the addresses with dates, for contact details I put N/A, the person above put his landlords name.. I'm not sure which one is right
Thanks

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
You need to put in your home address if you were unemployed for even 2 weeks (e.g. between jobs).
Probably no need to declare time between jobs (or other activity) unless there is a full calendar month in-between: the form calls for year and month dates. As long as each calendar month is accounted for that should suffice.

Note too, some overlapping of dates will, of course, be appropriate for some applicants, in particular, the "to" date for one job can easily be the same month as the "from" date for another. But as long as there is no month left out, there should be no need to insert a row for a brief period of time between jobs or between a job and school.

Lutster

Dec 19, 2017
Hi

I'm applying for citizenship, and I was wondering for the same Question 11. Should we put the actual addresses of where we worked/studied, or our home addresses while we were employed?

Thanks!

vriz

Oct 4, 2017
Can anyone provide some information about the following sections of the Citizenship application for adults?

Section 9c: Do we have to fill residence outside of Canada form because the form says if you select yes you fill that form although it is for people who claim physical presence days while accompanying their spouse employed outside canada in the armed forces or federal or provincial govt of canada? I was in US for a year and a half but was employed as a locally engaged person so i can't claim those days.

Section 10A: Do I have to write the dates and addresses of all places even when I was on vacations and visiting family outside Canada? I never used those address as I didn't set up residence there and was just visiting.

Thanks

Lutster

Dec 19, 2017
Can anyone provide some information about the following sections of the Citizenship application for adults?

Section 9c: Do we have to fill residence outside of Canada form because the form says if you select yes you fill that form although it is for people who claim physical presence days while accompanying their spouse employed outside canada in the armed forces or federal or provincial govt of canada? I was in US for a year and a half but was employed as a locally engaged person so i can't claim those days.

Section 10A: Do I have to write the dates and addresses of all places even when I was on vacations and visiting family outside Canada? I never used those address as I didn't set up residence there and was just visiting.

Thanks
For 9c: I had read from another thread that Section 9c is actually quite a rare situation that you would be accompanying a Crown Servant while living outside Canada. For that, I just wrote a separate letter explaining why I cannot fill out the form (I actually just put a bunch of N/A's on it) and explained that the Crown Servant thing doesn't apply to me, so I can't really claim anything.

For 10a: I'm pretty sure it's only the addresses you were only living in at the time. Like, if you were on vacation in the UK for a month or 2, you didn't reside there. That wasn't your place of residence.. You were just visiting. Even on the official IRCC website, it says if you were employed, or studying in that country, then you list the address there.

Here's that other thread I was talking about. If you're still unsure, you can call IRCC.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/c-6-citizenship-applications-frequently-asked-questions.522548/

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013