+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application for some one moved to another province

PaNaDoL

Jun 25, 2016
Hello everyone,
As all the people here are experienced and about to have there citizenship, i have a very imp question if some one knows any such case and answer me please
I am a pnp p.r holder and i moved province about after 5 months of getting my pr. Will this makes any effect on my citizenship application. Do you guys know anyone getting citizenship after recieving p.r from another province and moved.

Please help

Thanks

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
PaNaDoL said:
Hello everyone,
As all the people here are experienced and about to have there citizenship, i have a very imp question if some one knows any such case and answer me please
I am a pnp p.r holder and i moved province about after 5 months of getting my pr. Will this makes any effect on my citizenship application. Do you guys know anyone getting citizenship after recieving p.r from another province and moved.

Please help

Thanks
http://charterofrights.ca/en/15_00_01

Section 6.
Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.
Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right
a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and
b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.
The rights specified in subsection (2) are subject to
a) any laws or practices of general application in force in a province other than those that discriminate among persons primarily on the basis of province of present or previous residence; and
b) any laws providing for reasonable residency requirements as a qualification for the receipt of publicly provided social services.
Subsections (2) and (3) do not preclude any law, program or activity that has as its object the amelioration in a province of conditions of individuals in that province who are socially or economically disadvantaged if the rate of employment in that province is below the rate of e

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
PaNaDoL said:
Hello everyone,

Please help

Thanks
If your pnp program has a requirement to stay for x amount of time (months/years) then you have to stay in the province or your pnp and then move out once the required time is over. You can contact cic or check your paperwork to see if any requirements apply to you.

PaNaDoL

Jun 25, 2016
My pnp program asked me to submit a commitment form saying i will live and work there but the time is not identified. My question is, if there is any clause in citizenship application asking about pnp or your details of p.r.

Any one got citizenship while moving to another province?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
PaNaDoL said:
My pnp program asked me to submit a commitment form saying i will live and work there but the time is not identified. My question is, if there is any clause in citizenship application asking about pnp or your details of p.r.

Any one got citizenship while moving to another province?
citizenship application will ask you for your past address/work history and if they check your pr that you were pnp and did not spend time as required in the specific province then it could be an issue. Why do you want to complicate the things. Contact cic /check paperwork if there is living/working commitments in that specific province and if yes, for how long.

I hope someone with the similar experience can shed more light on to this.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
thecoolguysam said:
If your pnp program has a requirement to stay for x amount of time (months/years) then you have to stay in the province or your pnp and then move out once the required time is over. You can contact cic or check your paperwork to see if any requirements apply to you.
There is no PNP says to stay x amount of years.

Also it is PR holder rights to move any where in Canada to move.

PaNaDoL

Jun 25, 2016
Exactly there is no time frame for a pnp to stay in a province. the letter i signed before filing nb pnp states the following:

"I declare that if my application is approved by the Government of New Brunswick under the terms of the New
Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program, I make a commitment to reside in New Brunswick with my
dependent family members and to work or operate a business in New Brunswick and assume an active role
in that business"

there is no time, i have already lived and worked here for last 4 months and wants to move now. will this be asked in my citizenship application?

Reactions: Kishu08

Sumonaney

Nov 29, 2012
PaNaDoL said:
Exactly there is no time frame for a pnp to stay in a province. the letter i signed before filing nb pnp states the following:

"I declare that if my application is approved by the Government of New Brunswick under the terms of the New
Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program, I make a commitment to reside in New Brunswick with my
dependent family members and to work or operate a business in New Brunswick and assume an active role
in that business"

there is no time, i have already lived and worked here for last 4 months and wants to move now. will this be asked in my citizenship application?

No not at all

It is your rights to choose where you want to live and work

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020

in that business"

Hi mate,

i know this is an old post...

have you moved out of NB and got citizenship? Please can you confirm

Oct 30, 2020
Hello everyone,

Please help

Thanks
Nothing issues, just mention previous addresses and current address, you can live anywhere after PR so don’t worry about it.

katalonan

Mar 22, 2016
Hello everyone,

Please help

Thanks
Hi Panadol!

Same boat now. Did you encounter any issue? Everything went smoothly with citizenship?

Thanks!