+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application for my minor children.

maddyd2000

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Hey.
I am canadian citizen by descent ( not naturalized) and both my children were born outside Canada.Hence i cannot pass on canadian citizenship to them.

I have sucessfully sponsored both my children and they have landed as PR in canada now.

I want to apply for their citizenship right away without any delay.

Since they have lived most of their life in a foriegn country the identity proofs that i have available with me are from the country they have been previously living in with me.One of my child is two and the other is seven years old.

These are the available identification proofs with me for both of my children :
1- immunization records (pakistan)
2- school records from pakistan
3-school id cards from pakistan which do have their photos.

Will these foriegn ids be accepted in the application ?

neoseal

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
You will have PR cards for both, also your 7 year old will be going to school here, you can ask the school to write a letter with his photo scanned, stating his name, year of study and address. Also I think international government issued id like passports are acceptable as well.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey.
I am canadian citizen by descent ( not naturalized) and both my children were born outside Canada.Hence i cannot pass on canadian citizenship to them.

I have sucessfully sponsored both my children and they have landed as PR in canada now.

Since they have lived most of their life in a foriegn country the identity proofs that i have available with me are from the country they have been previously living in with me.One of my child is two and the other is seven years old.

It is not stated anywhere that the IDs must be Canadian. What you have should be fine.

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Hey.

Hi, in the off chance you still login here. What did you end up providing for ID?