+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

citizenship application delay

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I already received since 2019 just waiting for my last step
What do you mean, the Last steps?

Do that mean ( BG, Language, Prohibition, and Test) are all completed and you are just waiting for the Oath? since 2019?? did you email the office handing your file to ask why you have not gotten your Oath since 2019?

zobir

Dec 30, 2022
Hey guys
Thank you every body I really appreciate your answers and suggestions
I received email from the immigration minister Canada said in this case you have to wait because the fille is not with IRCC any more. The police department working at background check and they take to long that's why and IRCC They can not do anything about it.
lawyer charge 500$ to send letter ✉ to the immigration then you will get the same answer as MP or take the case to the federal court of Canada it cost 6000$ to 7000$ and it takes years to make decision so if someone has the same story as mine I would say DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY WITH LAWYER PLEASE just wait

FishSaya

Sep 1, 2022
Hey guys
Thank you every body I really appreciate your answers and suggestions
I received email from the immigration minister Canada said in this case you have to wait because the fille is not with IRCC any more. The police department working at background check and they take to long that's why and IRCC They can not do anything about it.
lawyer charge 500$ to send letter ✉ to the immigration then you will get the same answer as MP or take the case to the federal court of Canada it cost 6000$ to 7000$ and it takes years to make decision so if someone has the same story as mine I would say DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY WITH LAWYER PLEASE just wait
HEY I am in the same situation. Do you mind to share which email address you contact with the immigration minister?
I send my second fingerprints to RCMP on Dec.12th. My background check was completed on Dec.31st. Hope yours will be completed soon. Fingercrossed.

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Hi everyone
I submitted my citizenship application on January 2019 and I have received the conformation on March 29 2019 since that there is no update or any explanation about my application I did web form 2 times it does not show any details or reason why my application still on Hold , I called the immigration and refuge department like 10000000 times the only think they said is Covid covid covid also I contact the MP here in my neighborhood and I was waiting for his call in the end he called me he said because covid that is why I was like ok thank you hahahahah
so please guys does any one has the same situation or went through all this ballshit let me know what I have to do ...?
I applied in Jan 2019. Nothing happened until Jan 2022.
In Jan 2022 I got a lawyer to file for a writ of mandamus.
Things moved. I got citizenship in March 2022.