+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application decision made - Scarborugh Office

HJAMAL1998

Dec 14, 2016
Good evening,

I hope you are having a great start to your week.
I am wondering if someone else has had this issue with citizenship application. I applied for citizenship in September 2019. I gave my test and all Feb 2020 and the application status changed to "DECISION MADE" on the account online three weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything about what the decision is. What should be my next step?

Thank you.

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
I believe you should keep an eye out for an invitation to the virtual oath. Possibly on your email or even your mailbox. You may have to wait a bit more due to the delays caused by COVID.

Reactions: HJAMAL1998

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
I believe you should keep an eye out for an invitation to the virtual oath. Possibly on your email or even your mailbox. You may have to wait a bit more due to the delays caused by COVID.
Man, the least they can do is speed up virtual oaths for people who have already passed their tests. That way there will be less of a backlog when things go back to normal.

Reactions: HJAMAL1998

HJAMAL1998

Dec 14, 2016
Yeah that makes sense! I was hoping for something I could do and get it done with. LOL

lostincic

Sep 6, 2020
I have the same thing, I tested in September 2019 and passed, my background check passed, and now decision made but still no oath invitation, at this point it makes no sense to just keep people who passed and have been accepted to just wait for an online oath, especially when you’ve applied in 2018 and have no passport.

HJAMAL1998

Dec 14, 2016
I have the same thing, I tested in September 2019 and passed, my background check passed, and now decision made but still no oath invitation, at this point it makes no sense to just keep people who passed and have been accepted to just wait for an online oath, especially when you’ve applied in 2018 and have no passport.
any updates?