+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application CIT0002 mistake

HAPPYFAN

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hi there, I just sent out my citizenship application yesterday under the new law, but the application form (CIT0002)was password protected, so I just took screenshot of the application, and printed the screenshots of my finished application, do you think it will be an issue?

Second, I just realized i made an error in the application, in section 14a, it asked for details of my travel documents, and in the document # column, I put "passport" instead of my actual passport number.
what shall I do in this case? since i've attached a photocopy of my passport in the application, will it still be an issue? I really hope this wont cause my application to be returned.

Thank you so much for advice!!

jeuniii

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hi there, I just sent out my citizenship application yesterday under the new law, but the application form (CIT0002)was password protected, so I just took screenshot of the application, and printed the screenshots of my finished application, do you think it will be an issue?

Second, I just realized i made an error in the application, in section 14a, it asked for details of my travel documents, and in the document # column, I put "passport" instead of my actual passport number.
what shall I do in this case? since i've attached a photocopy of my passport in the application, will it still be an issue? I really hope this wont cause my application to be returned.

Sorry to say but the fact you put passport rather than your passport number would cause your application to be returned .....

The passport number is needed by CBSA to check your travel history. If they dont have it, they cannot verify your eligibility.

AnilGurung

Nov 9, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPO-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-1-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/2014
LANDED..........
1/03/2014
and you sent a screen shot....

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to say but the fact you put passport rather than your passport number would cause your application to be returned .....
There is a chance it could be returned for this reason but I personally think it's very unlikely. The completeness check won't pick this up and I don't see it being rejected after that. As long as you receive an AOR you should be fine.

With regard to the screenshots, I hope it looked good! Probably not the best decision.

Good luck.

Reactions: HAPPYFAN and JoeOs

jeuniii

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
There is a chance it could be returned for this reason but I personally think it's very unlikely. The completeness check won't pick this up and I don't see it being rejected after that. As long as you receive an AOR you should be fine.

With regard to the screenshots, I hope it looked good! Probably not the best decision.

Good luck.
But as I mentioned in my edit, they would need the passport number to check with CBSA about the entry & exit from Canada. If they dont have a passport number, this verification would be hard to complete.

HAPPYFAN

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
But as I mentioned in my edit, they would need the passport number to check with CBSA about the entry & exit from Canada. If they dont have a passport number, this verification would be hard to complete.
but i included a photocopy of my passport(which contains my passport number)

Reactions: jsm0085

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will have the passport number from the photocopy of the bio page of the passport. For that reason as long as it passes the completeness check in Sydney I highly doubt it'll be returned.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Wow

Wow just wow.....

Screen shot is a no no

The officers probably wont be looking for a photocopy in the heap of papers.

Be hopeful t might not be returned. Maybe ul just be requested to add it later on in your application.

Wish you luck

Am flabbergasted...

Chill they said...

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017

Just order GCMS notes after some time and see if they mention it, u can send that part later or with a letter. If they have passport copy, they can see the # there too. It depends on officer too

HAPPYFAN

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Update: I just called CIC, and was told screenshots are Okay, as long as they are clear and legible.
As for my mistake for not entering my passport number, I was told that the officer should be able to find in my supporting documents (i.e. photocopy of bio page), but it's not guaranteed, and it all depends on the officer.

Apparently there is nothing I can do at this point :(

Reactions: ecstrom

AnilGurung

Nov 9, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPO-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......