+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application - appreciate members replies

canpr11

Mar 25, 2012
Hello to all,

I am in process of collecting my documents for citizen application. Would really appreciate if members who have already applied for citizen application can relpy to my following queries

1. If the new citizenship bill C-24 passes, would this mean application in process before the bill will be returned and treated under the new law ?
2. I was briefly on EI for a short period after been laid off, do I show on receiving EI in section 6F ? However, I found work and discontinued receiving my social insurance.
3. I have bachelor's degree from US University, is this sufficient to proof my English proficiency?
4. Do I need to submit children copy of school report or the original school attendence letter is suffice?
5. Does CIC object to manually filled residency log or online log is preferred?
6. I am sending the citizenship documents with my family , do I send these to the adult center as one package?

Thanking all in advance.

SR

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
1. No. Most probably the applications received before the bill passes will be processed under the current regulations
2. Just mentioned that you were unemployed. No need to say that you were receiving EI
3. Yes
4. please submit the children school records, progress reports and all other documents you can get. School regards is an issue CIC takes very seriously for some reason
5. Online log is preferred. However, you can use the manual as well. There will be no impact on your application
6. If you want all the applications to be processed together, send them in one envelop.

hope this helps.

canpr11 said:
Hello to all,

I am in process of collecting my documents for citizen application. Would really appreciate if members who have already applied for citizen application can relpy to my following queries

1. If the new citizenship bill C-24 passes, would this mean application in process before the bill will be returned and treated under the new law ?
2. I was briefly on EI for a short period after been laid off, do I show on receiving EI in section 6F ? However, I found work and discontinued receiving my social insurance.
3. I have bachelor's degree from US University, is this sufficient to proof my English proficiency?
4. Do I need to submit children copy of school report or the original school attendence letter is suffice?
5. Does CIC object to manually filled residency log or online log is preferred?
6. I am sending the citizenship documents with my family , do I send these to the adult center as one package?

Thanking all in advance.

SR

canpr11

Mar 25, 2012
armaan.ahhmad said:
1. No. Most probably the applications received before the bill passes will be processed under the current regulations
2. Just mentioned that you were unemployed. No need to say that you were receiving EI
3. Yes
4. please submit the children school records, progress reports and all other documents you can get. School regards is an issue CIC takes very seriously for some reason
5. Online log is preferred. However, you can use the manual as well. There will be no impact on your application
6. If you want all the applications to be processed together, send them in one envelop.

hope this helps.

Yes definitely great help and thanks a lot in taking time to reply to my queries.
Cheers and have a nice weekend