+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application and Police Report

SANGLSO

Aug 28, 2019
Hi All , I am going to apply for my Citizenship but I am not sure if I need to provide police report with my application.

AS OF TODAY, I lived outside of Canada for 4 consecutive months in Last 4 years. I actually lived more than a year consecutively in a same country but now only 4 months fall in last 4 years as of today.

As per CIC website, we have to provide Police Report if we lived more than 6 months in a foreign country in last 4 years BUT I lived only 4 months as of today, so should I provide Police report ? Plz advise. Thanks

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All , I am going to apply for my Citizenship but I am not sure if I need to provide police report with my application.

AS OF TODAY, I lived outside of Canada for 4 consecutive months in Last 4 years. I actually lived more than a year consecutively in a same country but now only 4 months fall in last 4 years as of today.

As per CIC website, we have to provide Police Report if we lived more than 6 months in a foreign country in last 4 years BUT I lived only 4 months as of today, so should I provide Police report ? Plz advise. Thanks

AFAIK

PCC required only If you live more than 183 days or more in a row.

Thanks

SANGLSO

Aug 28, 2019
Thank you sooo much. That s great news for me.
I just dont want to get my app.delayed after submitting due the missing police report and thats why little more concerned.

SANGLSO

Aug 28, 2019
Thanks again visa_4all.
But just to be 110% sure and to get a 2nd opinion, I would request experts to plz advise if I need to submit Police Report in my case as mentioned in my first post above.

Thanks in advance!