+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applicant with an Expired Peace Bond

Chris1983

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hello Experts,

I have recently applied for my Canadian Citizenship, pending receipt of AOR.
I was arrested and detained for a day for a Domestic Violence incident in September 2013 and subsequently conditionally discharged with a one year peace bond, which expired without any further complications in November 2014. Since then i have a confirmation from the Calgary Police department that my finger prints and photo has been destroyed as per my request and the 'RCMP file has been closed'. The occurrence of these events took place outside of my eligibility period.
Can anyone please let me know what the consequences of these events will have on my application? Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

Chris1983

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hello Experts,

I was arrested and detained for a day for a Domestic Violence incident in September 2013 and subsequently conditionally discharged with a one year peace bond, which expired without any further complications in November 2014. Since then i have a confirmation from the Calgary Police department that my finger prints and photo has been destroyed as per my request and the 'RCMP file has been closed'. The occurrence of these events took place outside of my eligibility period.
Can anyone please let me know what the consequences of these events will have on my application? Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.
To add to this- Since the expiration of the peace bond, i have successfully been able to renew my PR card and successfully been able to sponsor my Parents for their PR application without any questions by CIC. Thanks.

canhyd3008

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
07-Oct-2014
Med's Request
13-Nov-2-14
Med's Done....
06-Dec-2014
Hello Experts,

I had my cousin in similar situation, he got his citizenship without any issues even during the peace bond period, So you should be good.

canhyd3008

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
07-Oct-2014
Med's Request
13-Nov-2-14
Med's Done....
06-Dec-2014
Thanks. Just trying to see if i might face additional obstacles like FP request etc.
You may be asked for FP but that should not be a obstacle its just an additional step

Jason1977

May 6, 2020
Hi Guys .
I am exactly in the same situation .
I charged for assult in demostic issue and charged totally withrawals base on peace bond and peace bond expired without any problem . Then i applied for destruction of finger print and photo 1 year ago .
I was eligible for Citizenship last year but i wait for expiring peace bond and also desctruction fingerprint .
So there are some question .

1-As i stayed 1 night in police office to go next day to court for getting bail , i am supposed to say "YES" for the question of "jail" in the forms ??
2-peace bond is probation ??
3-What extra doccuments am i supposed to send with my forms regarding this issue ??
4-Is it better to write an letter and explain the situation completely and attached to the file or not ??

Thanks

Last edited:

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hello Experts,

Can u please update???same boat and

worried