cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Hi future canadians ;D

from what i'm noticing now the processing time for citizenship from A-Z is around 3-6 months !!!

do you guys this ( just in time processing ) will cotinue to be the case after the new bill is passed ? or you think we will go back to the 2-3 year waiting ?

of course there would be some delay right after the law is passed ( due to applicant of 4 and 3 years apply together ) but on the long run do you think the liberals would be able to maintain such super processing time or not ?

regards

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Don't get too excited already...

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/a-terrorist-is-a-terrorist-is-a-terrorist-tory-senators-vow-to-fight-changes-to-citizenship-laws-for-dual-nationals

"While it is highly unlikely the Senate’s Conservative majority would defeat C-6 – the Senate has defeated only six government bills since 1945 — Conservative Sen. Vern White said the bill could be sent back to the House of Commons with amendments, such as delaying its coming into force for five years"

:( :( :(

I knew it was too good to be true

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

foreverbailey

Star Member
Dec 20, 2007
May be the wrong place to ask this Question , but I hope someone here can answer it for me, ex husband had TRP on grounds he was inadmissible to Canada,He left canada in 2012 .And Our divorce was final in 2013, Am i responsible for him for three years even though he diddnt hold a PR CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION :-[

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
cooldoc80 said:
Hi future canadians ;D

from what i'm noticing now the processing time for citizenship from A-Z is around 3-6 months !!!

do you guys this ( just in time processing ) will cotinue to be the case after the new bill is passed ? or you think we will go back to the 2-3 year waiting ?

of course there would be some delay right after the law is passed ( due to applicant of 4 and 3 years apply together ) but on the long run do you think the liberals would be able to maintain such super processing time or not ?

regards
You are right, some of the CIC offices especially Vancouver is indeed processing pretty fast, while the rest are still lagging behind.

Possibly the worst among all is the CIC, Scarborough, ON which has chronic delays on one or other excuses. Of late, they found another innovative way to further delay by sending request for Finger Prints either before or after the test.

If CIC is really concerned about security, they should make FP mandatory along with applications than to give the last hour surprises.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robw said:
Don't get too excited already...

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/a-terrorist-is-a-terrorist-is-a-terrorist-tory-senators-vow-to-fight-changes-to-citizenship-laws-for-dual-nationals

"While it is highly unlikely the Senate’s Conservative majority would defeat C-6 – the Senate has defeated only six government bills since 1945 — Conservative Sen. Vern White said the bill could be sent back to the House of Commons with amendments, such as delaying its coming into force for five years"

I knew it was too good to be true
White is not a whip, so he just spoke his mind. Who cares? Unless CPC is made to vote in unison, which bears immense political risks, B-6 will pass senate with no issue.

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Diplomatru said:
White is not a whip, so he just spoke his mind. Who cares? Unless CPC is made to vote in unison, which bears immense political risks, B-6 will pass senate with no issue.
I really hope you're right.

It seems that they're more outraged by the clause pertaining to stripping citizenship from terrorists than the other amendments which pertain to us, right?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robw said:
I really hope you're right.

It seems that they're more outraged by the clause pertaining to stripping citizenship from terrorists than the other amendments which pertain to us, right?
You are absolutely correct. There is this dude who wanted to plant bomb that the Cons' used to justify C-24 before it became law. Although it's 1 person, they were able to screen hundreds of thousands of good immigrant folk with the BS they incorporated in the omnibus law (4/6, 183 days, intent to reside, etc.). Now they are using the same guy to fight C-6. You can see that these people are big time hypocrites.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
thats insane , one person , change the life of thousands , ,,,just let him rot in prison ......

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
I can not understand if liberals won the election why still conservatives has the majority in Senate? second I think Bill C 24 was one the reasons based on which conservatives lost the election. I think it will be a double mistake from the conservatives if they will prevent Bill C-6 to be a law and resist the changes. Personally I think it is so stupid just to strip a terrorist or spy his Canadian citizenship and send him back to his other country if he has dual citizenship. We then are not punishing him ,we are rewarding him. Who commit an act of terrorism or espionage and has the Canadian citizenship should be severely punished in Canadian prisons not to be sent anywhere. I know there are many countries who send someone to spy for them and he is caught then they do their best to get back their spy back,here in Bill C-24 he is sent back home as a gift for his espionage !!!

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
surgi said:
I can not understand if liberals won the election why still conservatives has the majority in Senate? second I think Bill C 24 was one the reasons based on which conservatives lost the election. I think it will be a double mistake from the conservatives if they will prevent Bill C-6 to be a law and resist the changes. Personally I think it is so stupid just to strip a terrorist or spy his Canadian citizenship and send him back to his other country if he has dual citizenship. We then are not punishing him ,we are rewarding him. Who commit an act of terrorism or espionage and has the Canadian citizenship should be severely punished in Canadian prisons not to be sent anywhere. I know there are many countries who send someone to spy for them and he is caught then they do their best to get back their spy back,here in Bill C-24 he is sent back home as a gift for his espionage !!!
totally correct my friend

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
why would you be responsible for him if he never was a PR ? Was your sponsorship approved by CIC ?

foreverbailey

Star Member
Dec 20, 2007
He got arrested at the port of entry, Immigration officer there gave him 30 days to visit me , we then send an extension of stay , got called for Interview and after a few brief minutes they gave him 3 years TRP and open work permit he was to apply for a pardon after three years, But marriage broke. Down in 2010 and Divorce was final in 2013 He left Canada Late 2012

foreverbailey

Star Member
Dec 20, 2007
This was Back In 2008, As far as I can remember Our sponsorship forms were still in folder waiting for pardon to come through, But it's been so long I don't know what I sent or what I did not send , so confused ???