Med's Done....
01-22-2016 RPRF 02-02-2016 PCC 02-11-2016
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2016
LANDED..........
03-22-2016
I haven't found a topic quite like this one. And there are so many people wondering about this.

A lot of people want to know if they can move to another province after landing. Even though the constitution grants all PRs the right to live and work anywhere in Canada, most of us have to sign a document declaring an "intent to reside" on the province that selected us. Usually the recommendation is to try and establish for some time on the province of origin before moving else where.

But, How long is "some time"? Or what exactly means to establish yourself in a province?

These questions almost impossible answer in a definite way. So for this reason, I kindly ask EVERYONE here who has done their citizenship application in a province different from the landing one, to SHARE their experience. A lot of PRs are extremely serious about establishing permanently in Canada and would not like to jeopardize in any way the possibility of citizenship.

It would be nice to know about this particulars:

1) How long did you stay in your landing province?

2) Where you able to find work fast on that original province?

3) TTHE MOST IMPORTANT ONE: Was this matter ever brought up during your citizenship process?

If I am missing something, please share it anyways.

McClane

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is my experience.

When I decided to move to Canada I chose BC as the province where I intended to reside, but I didn't think much about it. I knew the PR process would take years and lots of things could happen in the meantime.

Fast forward 5 years and I get a job opportunity in Quebec, which luckily coincided with the PR process completion. So I take the plane to Montreal with all my papers and when I land they asked me why I was going into Quebec if I wanted to reside in BC. I didn't even remember that and was genuinely surprised (I didn't even read the papers thoroughly). I explained all of the above to the agent and he was fine with my it. I never thought this could be a potential issue until later on.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
McClane said:
This is my experience.

When I decided to move to Canada I chose BC as the province where I intended to reside, but I didn't think much about it. I knew the PR process would take years and lots of things could happen in the meantime.

Fast forward 5 years and I get a job opportunity in Quebec, which luckily coincided with the PR process completion. So I take the plane to Montreal with all my papers and when I land they asked me why I was going into Quebec if I wanted to reside in BC. I didn't even remember that and was genuinely surprised (I didn't even read the papers thoroughly). I explained all of the above to the agent and he was fine with my it. I never thought this could be a potential issue until later on.
You were little bit lucky. Some people ran into big trouble (were denied landing) when they indicated that they are not going to the province that nominated them.

See Operational Bulletin 251 -
November 24, 2010
Examination of Members of the Provincial Nominee Class at Ports
of Entry and CIC Inland Offices

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
leinadaniel said:
I haven't found a topic quite like this one. And there are so many people wondering about this.

A lot of people want to know if they can move to another province after landing. Even though the constitution grants all PRs the right to live and work anywhere in Canada, most of us have to sign a document declaring an "intent to reside" on the province that selected us. Usually the recommendation is to try and establish for some time on the province of origin before moving else where.

But, How long is "some time"? Or what exactly means to establish yourself in a province?

These questions almost impossible answer in a definite way. So for this reason, I kindly ask EVERYONE here who has done their citizenship application in a province different from the landing one, to SHARE their experience. A lot of PRs are extremely serious about establishing permanently in Canada and would not like to jeopardize in any way the possibility of citizenship.

It would be nice to know about this particulars:

1) How long did you stay in your landing province?

2) Where you able to find work fast on that original province?

3) TTHE MOST IMPORTANT ONE: Was this matter ever brought up during your citizenship process?

If I am missing something, please share it anyways.
November 24, 2010

I strongly advise the following: Always try to land in the province that nominated you

leinadaniel

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ 12-06-2015
AOR Received.
02-09-2015
Med's Request
01-21-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2016
LANDED..........
03-22-2016
arambi said:
November 24, 2010

I strongly advise the following: Always try to land in the province that nominated you
Of course, this post is about the after landing---before citizenship period.

paolo1967

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 7 2015
Nomination.....
Jan 19 2015
AOR Received.
June 4 2015
Med's Request
Aug 19 2015
Med's Done....
Sept 10 2015
Passport Req..
April 26 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 23,2016
LANDED..........
July 2 2016
This is very important and sensitive topic especially for PNP immigrants. i havent landed yet and i am intending to live in NB " provinece nominated me" at least for one year " to establish my self" and to fullfill "Intend to reside". i dont know if this is sufficient?

leinadaniel

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ 12-06-2015
AOR Received.
02-09-2015
Med's Request
01-21-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2016
LANDED..........
03-22-2016
paolo1967 said:
This is very important and sensitive topic especially for PNP immigrants. i havent landed yet and i am intending to live in NB " provinece nominated me" at least for one year " to establish my self" and to fullfill "Intend to reside". i dont know if this is sufficient?
No one knows for sure. But from what I am gathering, cic doesn't not check where in Canada you lived, but rather how long you've been there. I am hoping others will share their experience.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
arambi said:
You were little bit lucky. Some people ran into big trouble (were denied landing) when they indicated that they are not going to the province that nominated them.

November 24, 2010
You seem to have assumed McClane was a provincial nominee..while the poster only mentioned that "BC" was their choice in the application forms. If you are not sponsored by a specific province - it wouldn't matter which city/province you listed in your application forms.

frange

May 25, 2018
Until you you sign your PR certificate, you still remain a provincial nominee, thus you can't be deported if you don't keep your commitments. Once you do so, you become a Canadian PR, you can work and live anywhere in Canada.
His bad.