+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CITIZEN&IMM-EAPPS ENLIGNE ottwawa on

imacharya82

Aug 6, 2015
Hai guys i just noticed that my credit card has been charged 185 dollar in this merchant name . It just happened after a week i submitted my citizenship application and paid charge through my crefit card. I am wondeting is it genuine or fake ? Please let me know if Any one you have Charged like this.

thanking you
Indra
Calgary

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
What was the amount that you pay online at IRCC page before you send your application? Usually is CAD 630 for adult and CAD 100 for minor, so CAD 185 looks strange to me.

What was the amount printed on the fee receipt you got immediately after payment? Again it should be CAD 630 for each adult and CAD 100 for each minor.

Was your credit card charged then for that amount?

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Ya i paid 630 and after that it is charged 185
You need to call your bank as well as IRCC to see what this charge is for. Did u applied for PR renewal as well? If not please do it urgently and call ur bank to investigate this charge as they should not have charged if u already paid 630

Reactions: jc94

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
You need to call your bank as well as IRCC to see what this charge is for. Did u applied for PR renewal as well? If not please do it urgently and call ur bank to investigate this charge as they should not have charged if u already paid 630
This. I just checked my own application and I paid one chunk of $630 too. Your bank can confirm more details than you can see yourself, see what the bank says (as this will be a 10 minute call normally) then call IRCC. It could be IRCC made an error and already refunded it, it could be some weird pend as well but the amount is definitely odd.

Also... are you sure you didn't try and renew a PR card or anything else with IRCC?

imacharya82

Aug 6, 2015
Ya i paid through credit card i ll call my bank and know whats going on? I thought it is scam so i posted to know what it is ? Thanks guys for your reply and suggestion