+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizen certificate after virtual oath

safia.q93

Jan 16, 2022
Hello
I would like to ask how long does it take to receive citizen certificate after the ceremony. Since I m travelling 2 weeks after my oath can I request them if I can pick up my certificate at the office? Or if they can express mail it to me? Has anyone done that?

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hello
I would like to ask how long does it take to receive citizen certificate after the ceremony. Since I m travelling 2 weeks after my oath can I request them if I can pick up my certificate at the office? Or if they can express mail it to me? Has anyone done that?
No. They already STATES that DO NOT finalize travel plans still you got ur canadian passport. They also asked you once more time at the time you did oath. Otherwise i should be rescheduled.

Ramii

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Hello
If you have a proof of travel you can always ask that's not a problem. Also mention it to the officer and they will let you know if its possible or not. Good luck :)
My advice is try to schedule an appointment for your passport too, so everything is prepared for your travel plans, if not depending on your location see if they are taking walk-ins or not. There is also a possibility for express passport pickup it's going to cost more though. Hope that helps

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Hello
I would highly advise postponing the trip, if at all possible. Last resort, maybe someone in Canada can FedEx it to you at your destination and you can apply from wherever you are (be warned, the wait is long to file for a Canadian Passport from abroad.) You will have to wait outside of Canada whilst it is being processed.