+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 E delayed response

Oct 12, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have applied for citizenship and received an interview in July 2018. In the interview, I was frequently asked about my stays out of Canada, which weren’t exceeding 120 days scattered over the last 4 years. There, I was given CIT 0520 (06-2015) E named request for supplementary evidence and I was instructed to give new copies of my passport along with a document showing all records of dates of entry and exit. The documents were sent back to the IRCC Ottawa office on the 3rd day of the request. Three weeks later, I was sent yet another CIT0520 E now requesting a police certificate from my country in which again I did not spend more than a cumulative of 120 days over the last 4 years. So I was able to provide that certificate to them after 3 weeks. Now, I have been waiting for two months since they received the police certificate, and three months since the interview, and still no answer. I have recently called IRCC whose agent answered to tell me that they are still waiting to accommodate me in the proper ceremony and that it’s usually harder to fill in a family of 4 all in 1 ceremony.

My question, according to people with similar situations, how much more time do you think will they take? And do I take the IRCC agent’s words for that matter and that it’s just a wait for our accommodation in a ceremony?

Thanks in advance.

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Your evidence is now being evaluated and checked. That may need coordination from other government agencies so that will take time. As IRCC has stated before, once an application is not regular, then the exact processing time cannot be given.
Just to let you know that my + wife application also received CIT0520 twice each ( but under old 3/5 system). After last such request and sending of documents, it took another 8 -10 months before we finally got a Decision made in ecas. And from there to oath was another 4 months.
So hang in there, Somewhere behind the scenes, the wheels of bureaucracy are slowly churning.

Xanxoandu

Aug 22, 2018
Hi All,

I have applied citizenship on 2017 Oct.
I have taken citizenship test on end of May 2018 and I got a lite RQ which is 0520 around end of JUNE.
Submitted documents (entry/exit report) and all photocopy of passport pages the around beginning of July.

Still not hearing anything from CIC.

it is over 1 year already...

Anyone, who got CIT0520 after test and now Canadian, can share the timeline?

Or

is it a good choice to go into below link to chase CIC for the answer?
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Oct 12, 2018
Hi All,

I have taken citizenship test on end of May 2018 and I got a lite RQ which is 0520 around end of JUNE.
Submitted documents (entry/exit report) and all photocopy of passport pages the around beginning of July.

Still not hearing anything from CIC.

Or

Thank you all for your replies.
UPDATE: I'm still waiting on my application. It's been more than 2.5 months since I submitted what they requested for the CIT 0520. I have tried calling the IRCC again where to my surprise, a totally different reason than what they said earlier popped up!

Previously, I've been told that they were waiting to fit us in a ceremony which wasn't so credible since I've been watching the nearby ceremonies list go by in my location without any changes to my application status. Anyway, the 2nd time I called revealed that my spouse's application that got linked to mine in the process for no reason, is now under a police check!
It's getting really frustrating and it's now hard to know what to believe.

Xanxoandu, have you tried calling IRCC and what did they tell you?

hrmehran

Oct 8, 2018
Hi All,

Still not hearing anything from CIC.'nt

Or

Hi Xanxoandu , I am in the same boat as you , haven't you received any update yet ?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
In your case, I would also try the following:

--Get in touch with your federal MP for assistance
--Apply for GCMS(electronic notes) under the ATIP (takes a month to get them).
--Do a webform inquiry via IRCC website for your case to Ottawa Office or write them a letter for status update

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been waiting since June 2017 when i was issued with CIT 0520.

hrmehran

Oct 8, 2018
In your case, I would also try the following:

--Get in touch with your federal MP for assistance
--Apply for GCMS(electronic notes) under the ATIP (takes a month to get them).
--Do a webform inquiry via IRCC website for your case to Ottawa Office or write them a letter for status update
Hi Canvis2006 , Thank you for your response. Do you know someone who has followed these procedures and got the answer sooner then? I see many people who decide to widraw their applications after waiting too long from when the CIT520 is issued.
Thank you

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi , have you tried to contact call center?
Where is your IRCC local office ?
Hi. Yes i did several times. My residency and prohibition has not started and the IRCC is yet to review the documents i submitted. My office is Edmonton.

vinayreddy

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
hello experts, i am Apr 2020 applicant , received CIT0520 last week, and submitted passport pages. can you share your time line after CIT0520 is submitted.

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
hello experts, i am Apr 2020 applicant , received CIT0520 last week, and submitted passport pages. can you share your time line after CIT0520 is submitted.
Was it the first correspondence with IRCC or have you had a test/interview before?

I'm September 2019 applicant and received RQ-lite (CIT-520) back in November 2020. The first update I received from IRCC after was in April 2021 inviting to a knowledge test.

Reactions: vinayreddy

vinayreddy

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Was it the first correspondence with IRCC or have you had a test/interview before?

I'm September 2019 applicant and received RQ-lite (CIT-520) back in November 2020. The first update I received from IRCC after was in April 2021 inviting to a knowledge test.
For me i got the online test first which is on March 6th 2021 , and then got email with CIT-520 just asking for Passport stamps as i travel to US almost 100 times during 3 years period.

vinayreddy

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019

May i know what did they ask for your CIT-520. Thanks in advance.