+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIPS / APEGS

unnatpatel

May 9, 2018
Hello ,

Please check the below information for me and guide me accordingly.

I have Bachelors of Engineering degree with specialization in Information Technology. (Wes ECA+ Course by Course) completed. I have 5 years and 3 months of working experience as a web developer.

My education and work experience, both are from India.

As per SINP OID list - My NOC is 2175. And I should apply for CIPS.

But I have bachelors degree in engineering.
So , SINP officer suggested me to apply for APEGS through international engineering category to qualify for SINP Application.

However, I couldn’t find any relavant course for self assesment in APEGS website.
I tried checking with computer engineering and software engineering. But for both of them, my actual syllabus is not matching for couple of subjects. In this situations what should i do?

Please guide. Or Provide relavant soultions.

Do i need to go for APEGS or CIPS?

Thanks in advance!

virenptl30

Jan 1, 2018
Hello ,

I have Bachelors of Engineering degree with specialization in Information Technology. (Wes ECA+ Course by Course) completed. I have 5 years and 3 months of working experience as a web developer.

So , SINP officer suggested me to apply for APEGS through international engineering category to qualify for SINP Application.

However, I couldn’t find any relavant course for self assesment in APEGS website.
I tried checking with computer engineering and software engineering. But for both of them, my actual syllabus is not matching for couple of subjects. In this situations what should i do?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I have heard different option from different people. As per current website detail, they says , for 2175 you must go with CIPS Edu plus option but some people says, if you are engineer then you need to go with APEGS. I am also falling into 2175 but no confident answer yet.

Please let me know if you find any relevant answer.

Thanks.

unnatpatel

May 9, 2018
Hi,

I have heard different option from different people. As per current website detail, they says , for 2175 you must go with CIPS Edu plus option but some people says, if you are engineer then you need to go with APEGS. I am also falling into 2175 but no confident answer yet.

Please let me know if you find any relevant answer.

Thanks.
You should go with APEGS

juhimoses

Feb 21, 2018
Hello Guys, I am a ABAP developer and I am going to apply under 2173 NOC. I have a Degree in Electronics and communication, but i can not find any form for the same in the APEGS website. Can anyone please tell me how to proceed.

Nidhiseth

Jun 26, 2017
Hello Unna,

Can you kindly share your email id as i have a query, regarding sample self assessment form in Computer Science. There are many fields that are not relevant so how did you go by that? If you can please share your form it would give me some lead.

Thanks!
Nidhi

Hello ,

Thanks in advance!

unnatpatel

May 9, 2018
Hello Guys, I am a ABAP developer and I am going to apply under 2173 NOC. I have a Degree in Electronics and communication, but i can not find any form for the same in the APEGS website. Can anyone please tell me how to proceed.
Please check for software engineering or computer science form. And try to identify the syllabus contents of yours w

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi friends,
I got the doc submission request from SINP on the 21st of Aug.
I am trying to apply for APEGS. I have a few queries regarding the application.
My NOC is 2173 - Software Engineer

1 - I have done my bachelors in Electronic and telecom engineering (2002)and I entered the details of that as my university and the course is listed.
I did my Master of computer science in 2012. But the university is not listed in the drop down.
What should I do ? I have done most of the software engineering subjects in the masters degree. I am worried that not entering this might not reveal my actual educational qualifications on the field and APEGS might suggest taking additional cources/subjects. What should I do.

2 - when I was filling in the APEGS application, there is no place to upload our certifates/transcripts etc. How should I sumit this to APEGS

3 - Under the section "Employment" it asks if the immediate supervisor is a Professional Engineer or Professional Geoscientist:
What does this mean ? Does this ask if the supervisor has APEGS license. Or of my supervisor has an Engineering degree and working as an Engineer , CAn I say yes ?

4 - The application no where asks about the WES evaluation. Don't we have to mention it somewhere

5 - I went up until the payment stage of the application. But it did not show any pending docs I need to submit though the guide lines say so. Do I have to make the payment first to see such a sceen o the portal

Thanks
ruka

Ram6786542525

Jul 20, 2023
Hi friends,
I got the doc submission request from SINP on the 21st of Aug.
I am trying to apply for APEGS. I have a few queries regarding the application.
My NOC is 2173 - Software Engineer

1 - I have done my bachelors in Electronic and telecom engineering (2002)and I entered the details of that as my university and the course is listed.
I did my Master of computer science in 2012. But the university is not listed in the drop down.
What should I do ? I have done most of the software engineering subjects in the masters degree. I am worried that not entering this might not reveal my actual educational qualifications on the field and APEGS might suggest taking additional cources/subjects. What should I do.

2 - when I was filling in the APEGS application, there is no place to upload our certifates/transcripts etc. How should I sumit this to APEGS

3 - Under the section "Employment" it asks if the immediate supervisor is a Professional Engineer or Professional Geoscientist:
What does this mean ? Does this ask if the supervisor has APEGS license. Or of my supervisor has an Engineering degree and working as an Engineer , CAn I say yes ?

4 - The application no where asks about the WES evaluation. Don't we have to mention it somewhere

5 - I went up until the payment stage of the application. But it did not show any pending docs I need to submit though the guide lines say so. Do I have to make the payment first to see such a sceen o the portal

Thanks
ruka

Hi Ruka,

Same situation, may I know what did you end up doing? I mean which one did you end up choosing for APEGS (was it just Bachelors or Bachelors + Masters).

I have Bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineering and Masters in Computer Science, and I am working as a Software Engineer for the past 12 years with no breaks. My job responsibilities letter matches with the NOC 21231 - Software Engineer and that part is clear.

SINP has asked me to provide Engineer-in-Training membership from APEGS. Has anyone succeeded getting SINP nomination for NOC code 21231 - Software Engineer but APEGS certification is obtained based on Bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineer (Electrical Engineering stream) though you have Masters in Computer Science. APEGS mentions that only Bachelors needs to be provided and not Masters. Does providing just Bachelors and obtaining APEGS certificate not conflict with my NOC 21231 - Software Engineer and is there any chance of SINP rejecting based on this (reason: Education doesn't match with Job).

Does SINP care about the stream from which Engineer-in-Training membership is obtained APEGS? I saw from APEGS certification that there is no stream mentioned in the certification, it just says Engineer-in-Training as opposed to Software Engineer-in-Training / Electrical Engineer-in-Training. So I feel it doesn't make a difference by choosing Electrical Engineering (with using just my Bachelors courses) / Software Engineer (with using both my Masters and Bachelors course). Please advice.