+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIO Sydney

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hahaha, your comment about not wanting to annoy them really made me l-o-l!
I know how you feel, I emailed them on 27/07 and got a response same day saying my file was still at CIO Sydney, it was a bit depressing to hear that. My additional docs changed to not needed on 9th August, which cheered me up considerably, so I'd like to believe judging by what I'm reading here that my file should have been moved to an LVO by now, but to be honest I don't really feel like emailing them again just yet so I won't upset them or upset myself :rolleyes:
I was in the same situation. My status changed to "additional docs not needed" 3 weeks before they transfer it to LVO. My file stuck at "background NA" in LVO for more than 3 weeks now. Actually, we are going to the back of the queue at local visa office after we stuck at CIO when people are going directly to LVO on day one.

I know it is unfair, but hey "welcome to Canada"o_O. You will notice there are a lot of stupid things in Canada when you are here.

hope_faith

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
I was in the same situation. My status changed to "additional docs not needed" 3 weeks before they transfer it to LVO. My file stuck at "background NA" in LVO for more than 3 weeks now. Actually, we are going to the back of the queue at local visa office after we stuck at CIO when people are going directly to LVO on day one.

I know it is unfair, but hey "welcome to Canada"o_O. You will notice there are a lot of stupid things in Canada when you are here.
Whaaattt?! You mean your file was still at stuck at CIO for 3 weeks after additional docs not needed update?! OMG that's terrible, I'm really sorry to hear that! Surprisingly CEC processing seems to be really slow compared to FSW these days. I really hope that doesn't happen to me. Hopefully you will get lucky and yours will be picked up from the back of the queue and you will get your PPR soon. Good luck!

Btw I'm FSW Outland AOR 9th May, Meds passed 26th June, Na after IP1 4th July, Additional docs not needed 9th August.

Reactions: wan11knu

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whaaattt?! You mean your file was still at stuck at CIO for 3 weeks after additional docs not needed update?! OMG that's terrible, I'm really sorry to hear that! Surprisingly CEC processing seems to be really slow compared to FSW these days. I really hope that doesn't happen to me. Hopefully you will get lucky and yours will be picked up from the back of the queue and you will get your PPR soon. Good luck!

Btw I'm FSW Outland AOR 9th May, Meds passed 26th June, Na after IP1 4th July, Additional docs not needed 9th August.
Thank you. Hope is going further from me every day past.:(

Reactions: wan11knu

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
Local VIsa office? what does this mean ?? For inland applicants, would it be CPC Ottawa office ?? ..

I have got an email reponse on friday that " your application is at our office" .. they havent mentioned where it is exactly but said it is at our office..

btw CEC inland 102 days since AOR

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Local VIsa office? what does this mean ?? For inland applicants, would it be CPC Ottawa office ?? ..

I have got an email reponse on friday that " your application is at our office" .. they havent mentioned where it is exactly but said it is at our office..

btw CEC inland 102 days since AOR
Inland and CEC applicants are processed in Ottawa

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
Inland and CEC applicants are processed in Ottawa
Okay, so there is no way can guess what stage the application is at for CEC inland applicants as all the applications are processed in Ottawa right from the beginning to the end ?? correct me if I'm wrong please..

Just like many other here, I have also sent an email to them asking the location of my application.. and they mentioned it is at their office.. left me with no guesses..

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront

@hope_faith You and I have the same AOR date. So i am going to stalk u :D where has your file been transferred? And which country are u applying from.I emailed Ottawa on Thursday still haven't received a response from them. In the past they have always responded back the next day so this is kind of strange. My ADR changed on 19th July but i know that till 26th July the file was still at CIO.

Reactions: hope_faith

hope_faith

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
@hope_faith You and I have the same AOR date. So i am going to stalk u :D where has your file been transferred? And which country are u applying from.I emailed Ottawa on Thursday still haven't received a response from them. In the past they have always responded back the next day so this is kind of strange. My ADR changed on 19th July but i know that till 26th July the file was still at CIO.
Hahaha, stalk away AOR mate :p As far as I know as at 27th July it was still at CIO which was a bummer, but since my additional docs changed to not needed on 9th August I haven't emailed them again to ask, not really in the mood to do that just yet, especially after reading yesterday that someone's file remained at CIO for 3wks even after ADR change to not needed before it was moved to an LVO. I'll just save myself the potential heartache and wait till the end of the month before I maybe mail them again if nothing further happens. I'm applying from Nigeria. What did your ADR change to?

Don't worry I'm sure they'll soon respond, from what I've read in various forums sometimes they are super quick and sometimes they take a few days. Please let me know if you get any updates on your application, I'll do likewise :D Goodluck!!!

hope_faith

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Thank you. Hope is going further from me every day past.:(
I don't think you should lose hope at all, if your file has left CIO to an LVO then you're already probably more than half way there, CEC seems to be generally slower these days, in general many FSW/CEC/PNP applicants cross the average 6 month processing time and still get their PPRs, if you use filters to check April AORs in immitracker I'm sure you'll see there are many people who are in similar situations as you or if you check other months have even been waiting longer. I know this waiting period is a very anxious time, but you need to stay positive, keep the hope alive and Pray!

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hahaha, stalk away AOR mate :p As far as I know as at 27th July it was still at CIO which was a bummer, but since my additional docs changed to not needed on 9th August I haven't emailed them again to ask, not really in the mood to do that just yet, especially after reading yesterday that someone's file remained at CIO for 3wks even after ADR change to not needed before it was moved to an LVO. I'll just save myself the potential heartache and wait till the end of the month before I maybe mail them again if nothing further happens. I'm applying from Nigeria. What did your ADR change to?

Don't worry I'm sure they'll soon respond, from what I've read in various forums sometimes they are super quick and sometimes they take a few days. Please let me know if you get any updates on your application, I'll do likewise :D Goodluck!!!
Hope that your file will move to Ottawa office directly from CIO. My friend's files transfer to Alberta office after the same long waiting time in CIO. It took him one month to clear NA and move to IP2, when his files transferred to Ottawa. Now he is back to the end of the queue in Ottawa.

infinix

Feb 13, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
@hope_faith, @wan11knu, maybe I should join in the stalking too. My file is in London and I believe I will get an update by month end.
How are you guys holding on?

hope_faith

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
@hope_faith, @wan11knu, maybe I should join in the stalking too. My file is in London and I believe I will get an update by month end.
How are you guys holding on?
Lol, i'm officially following you and @wan11knu since we have same AOR, and similar timelines. The waiting and not knowing isn't easy but my ADR change was a bright ray of hope. For now all one can do is continue to hope and pray. I now habitually check my account for breakfast, lunch and dinner :rolleyes: How are you doing, did you order another set of GCMS notes?

Reactions: gurik

infinix

Feb 13, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
Lol, i'm officially following you and @wan11knu since we have same AOR, and similar timelines. The waiting and not knowing isn't easy but my ADR change was a bright ray of hope. For now all one can do is continue to hope and pray. I now habitually check my account for breakfast, lunch and dinner :rolleyes: How are you doing, did you order another set of GCMS notes?
This journey has taught me some patience I never had. We can only hope and pray.
I check my profile once every three days now. I dont have any reason to be checking it daily. It's going to be a long wait with London visa office.
I am hoping to request for another set of notes by month end because I am expecting some activities on my file by month end.
Have you requested for your notes? We just have to hang in there.

hope_faith

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
This journey has taught me some patience I never had. We can only hope and pray.
I check my profile once every three days now. I dont have any reason to be checking it daily. It's going to be a long wait with London visa office.
I am hoping to request for another set of notes by month end because I am expecting some activities on my file by month end.
Have you requested for your notes? We just have to hang in there.
Yes, one really needs to have a lot of patience through this process in order not to lose their mind, lol
Unfortunately I hear London and New Delhi are very slow in their processing, but you never know, a miracle can happen and your file could get picked up much earlier than you expect.

No I haven't ordered GCMS notes yet, will probably do so at the end of the month or early next month.

Last edited:

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Okay, so there is no way can guess what stage the application is at for CEC inland applicants as all the applications are processed in Ottawa right from the beginning to the end ?? correct me if I'm wrong please..

Just like many other here, I have also sent an email to them asking the location of my application.. and they mentioned it is at their office.. left me with no guesses..
All applications start at CIO sydney, then transferred after that to ottawa for those streams. I am not sure when quite honestly. Also, because of the unusual recent trends and load distribution, many applications from other streams are sent to Ottawa too.