+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIMA Exemptions for WES

Vivek_lk

May 22, 2016
thanks! Please let us know once you get a result from WES, having 2 certs would make a huge difference to my CRS score
I've informed CIMA and I'm still waiting on them to send it across to WES. It's a slow process for now due to Covid. Just keeping you guys updated. Will let you know once I get more information

heshanf

Aug 26, 2020
I've informed CIMA and I'm still waiting on them to send it across to WES. It's a slow process for now due to Covid. Just keeping you guys updated. Will let you know once I get more information
Hi Vivek, I also completed my Cert in CIMA and trying to get the ECA evaluation through WES. Just wondering if you got the evaluation and if they consider CIMA foundation as a 1 year Certificate. I also have another Bachelor's degree. If they consider my CIMA foundation, I will have just enough points to get an ITA (hopefully).

throwaway-123

Jun 27, 2020
Thanks for your updates. Just FYI, I managed to get 3 out of 4 exams for the basic CIM certificate exempted and I'm scheduled to take the one remaining exam in a few weeks. I'll let you guys know if I manage to get the certificate approved by WES.

Vivek_lk

May 22, 2016
Hi Vivek, I also completed my Cert in CIMA and trying to get the ECA evaluation through WES. Just wondering if you got the evaluation and if they consider CIMA foundation as a 1 year Certificate. I also have another Bachelor's degree. If they consider my CIMA foundation, I will have just enough points to get an ITA (hopefully).

Hi Heshan, yeah I just got my WES report today. Apologies for the delayed response. They've assessed it as a one year college level certificate. Good luck.

Reactions: throwaway-123

throwaway-123

Jun 27, 2020
Hi Heshan, yeah I just got my WES report today. Apologies for the delayed response. They've assessed it as a one year college level certificate. Good luck.
That's great to hear! Can you share how long the entire process took for CIMA to send the transcript to WES and for WES to send you your report?

throwaway-123

Jun 27, 2020
Also, on the WES page when it asks you to fill in the country/type of education and the name of the institution, what did you fill in? Did you just write the country where you are currently in?

Vivek_lk

May 22, 2016
Also, on the WES page when it asks you to fill in the country/type of education and the name of the institution, what did you fill in? Did you just write the country where you are currently in?

It took CIMA literally a week to send it to WES and for the latter to approve it. As for WES, it took approximately 3 to 4 weeks. Definitely not more than that.

As for your next question, I mentioned where my degree is from. For CIMA it was London, United Kingdom. :)

throwaway-123

Jun 27, 2020
It took CIMA literally a week to send it to WES and for the latter to approve it. As for WES, it took approximately 3 to 4 weeks. Definitely not more than that.

As for your next question, I mentioned where my degree is from. For CIMA it was London, United Kingdom. :)
Great, thanks for your help! Best of luck with your application

Reactions: Vivek_lk

nraaya95

May 31, 2021

nraaya95

May 31, 2021
Hello All,

I am from Colombo Sri Lanka.

- I have got CIMA Membership (Did Full course).
- I am completing the MBA on September 2021

Based on the above conversation, I understood that WES consider CIMA Membership as 3 year degree. Very Helpful!!!

Could you please help me
1. How to get the CIMA Sri lanka do the needful to send the transcript to WES. (I am very blank on this process) - I have only the certificate with me now, No transcript.
2. Usually how long this process takes with CIma office --> WES--> Me?
3. I am waiting until September to get the MBA transcript and add to WES Assessment. So, Wanted to know the timing on how long Cima division takes to prepare the document and give to me, so that I can send both CIMA+MBA Transcript to WES in one go for assessment

Thanks in Advance!! I am very new to this forum. So Appreciate if some one give me a hand to kickstart this process.

nraaya95@gmail.com

Many Thanks,
Narayani

Asad165

Jun 3, 2021
Hi,
I am planning to apply for FSW. I have some questions, can anyone answer this?
1- I got my membership of CIMA, if i applied for equivalency in WES, is that equivalent to bachelors or masters in canada?
2- What is the best organization to take the equivalency?
3- If i got any other degree like CPA canada, CMA canada, CPA Australia by taking exemptions. Is that degree is acceptable or get any points?
4- If i apply for ICMA Pakistan, i have to give 2 papers. Whether that ICMA helps me to get points in above degrees are not acceptable?

Kindly reply me if anyone have any experience.
Thanks in advance.

Anamika23

Sep 11, 2021
Hi Vivek,
Could you please help to find answer for these questions?

Do we need to send certificates along with transcript? If so, they also need to be send by CIMA office?

In which cima office we need request for transcripts? Local (Sri lanka) or UK?

I did CIMA few years back. I'm not paying any subscriptions or not a member? Is membership necessary for validation?

PLEASE GUIDE. THANKS

Vivek_lk

May 22, 2016
Hi Vivek,
Could you please help to find answer for these questions?

Do we need to send certificates along with transcript? If so, they also need to be send by CIMA office?

In which cima office we need request for transcripts? Local (Sri lanka) or UK?

I did CIMA few years back. I'm not paying any subscriptions or not a member? Is membership necessary for validation?

PLEASE GUIDE. THANKS

Hi Anamika,

1. Yes, you need to send both the certificate and the transcripts. However, if you cannot obtain the certificate, you can get a letter from the CIMA office in Sri Lanka along with the transcript. As usual, they will have to post it. However, if they ask you to post it, you will require them to seal the and sign the backflap. If the the local CIMA office is not as responding fast enough, drop a mail to CIMA UK and request the same. They will get it sorted with the local CIMA office.

2. No need to be a paying member.

Anamika23

Sep 11, 2021
Hi Anamika,

1. Yes, you need to send both the certificate and the transcripts. However, if you cannot obtain the certificate, you can get a letter from the CIMA office in Sri Lanka along with the transcript. As usual, they will have to post it. However, if they ask you to post it, you will require them to seal the and sign the backflap. If the the local CIMA office is not as responding fast enough, drop a mail to CIMA UK and request the same. They will get it sorted with the local CIMA office.

2. No need to be a paying member.

Thanks a lot Vivek_lk for your prompt response.

And one more question to clarify. I haven't started yet with ECA validation process. But what i read in forums is we need to give " years attended" and "degree awarded date" while we apply. I cleared all five (2012) certificates in Business Accounting Cima in 6 months. My doubt is whether ECA will validate it as 1 semester study instead of 1 year college study. I'm aware that you got your validation as 1 year. It will be helpful for me if you can share how did you mention those duration and date.

Vivek_lk

May 22, 2016
Thanks a lot Vivek_lk for your prompt response.

And one more question to clarify. I haven't started yet with ECA validation process. But what i read in forums is we need to give " years attended" and "degree awarded date" while we apply. I cleared all five (2012) certificates in Business Accounting Cima in 6 months. My doubt is whether ECA will validate it as 1 semester study instead of 1 year college study. I'm aware that you got your validation as 1 year. It will be helpful for me if you can share how did you mention those duration and date.
I can't really remember the way I entered it, but I think if you state one year, it should be fine. Although, in the WES form that we are supposed to send to CIMA, I mentioned the duration of study as 6 months (start date to end date). If I'm correct, they will assess your degree based on the recognition of the university (in this case, CIMA) than the duration of study. You should definitely get 1 year.