+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CICNEWS ON AUG 5, 2020

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Only through a land border with the US and without using commercial transportation ( walk, drive your own car). Any other means or from any other country will require a current PR card or a PRTD.

Note that the article you reference is for those with COPRs and immigration visas.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Also always keep in mind that whilst CICNEWS is a useful information source it is not associated in anyway with IRCC but is run by the same company that operates this forum. Should always refer to the official IRCC website for the actual official souce

tunaibasu

Sep 10, 2013
My PR card is valid till August 2021 but I have not met the RO. I am very much willing to relocate to Canada now and settle there.

As per the above recent policy, can I enter Canada with a valid PR card (but not meeting the RO) without the worry of being reported for not meeting the RO? Please note that I am (with my family) living in the US for last 4.5 years now.

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You will be allowed to enter, but there is still the risk of being reported for not meeting residency obligation. IRCC has not indicated there will be any leniency regarding Covid and residency obligation. Does your family also have PR status?

tunaibasu

Sep 10, 2013
You will be allowed to enter, but there is still the risk of being reported for not meeting residency obligation. IRCC has not indicated there will be any leniency regarding Covid and residency obligation. Does your family also have PR status?
Yes, my family also have PR status. All of us have PR card valid till Aug 2021.