Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-04-2015 @ YYZ
Hi,

Its been a more than 4 months I have applied for my PCC at BLS India, but have not received it yet and whenever I called to CGI, I get the same response that nothing has come from India.

Since my PCC is delayed than expected and I have already submitted my PR application, now I don't want to wait any further for CGI to get my PCC. If I manage to get my PCC directly from India, would it be acceptable by CIC ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
of course. :)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

Omshri

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 14, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, March 29, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
Non-Resident Requests
Applicants should contact the Indian embassy or consulate.

Hope you are in Canada currently so you are Non-Resident. So Indian embassy or consulate is the option for you

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
bhopali said:
Hi,

Its been a more than 4 months I have applied for my PCC at BLS India, but have not received it yet and whenever I called to CGI, I get the same response that nothing has come from India.

Since my PCC is delayed than expected and I have already submitted my PR application, now I don't want to wait any further for CGI to get my PCC. If I manage to get my PCC directly from India, would it be acceptable by CIC ?
I was in the same situation as you are in now. I had to follow-up multiple times and ended up getting the same response. I then had my father check with the local police station and asked them to complete the verification and send the report to consulate. Sometimes the local police completes the verification and keep it with them because there are no proper instructions as to how/who to send the report back. Once the consulate receives the report from India, they will issue the PCC within two weeks.

Hope this helps!

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Hi,

bhopali said:
Hi,

Does BLS India requires the original passport for PCC and is the passport retained by CGI/BLS India till the outcome of the PCC request?

Thank you.

cecnov2012

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Nov-2012
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with appln
Med's Request
09-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
15-Oct-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
30-Jan-2014
astasi said:
Hi,

Does BLS India requires the original passport for PCC and is the passport retained by CGI/BLS India till the outcome of the PCC request?

Thank you.
Yes they do retain the passport.

I received my PCC in the 9th week. If you got your passport or got it renewed using tatkal in India then there is high chance of your PCC getting delayed. They issue passport before doing police verification if appled in tatkal so regional passport office does not have the required clearance in their records (reason being you would have left India already when police comes for verification so they dont give clearance to RPO), so when you request for PCC they initiate a fresh police clearance, which involves police visiting your house for clearance. This is what happened in my case. Me and my wife were in India for vacation so we visited Passport kendraseva to get PCC thro same day service. My wife got hers same day but unfortunately they didnt have clearance for me in their records so fresh police verification was initiated. Added to this the local police sent clearance to commisioner's office but the commissioner office did not send the report to RPO. Because of these havoc I didnt get my PCC until I left India so I had to apply through VFS which again took 9 weeks.

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Thanks. The timelines for PCC are scary.... :eek:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Omshri said:
Non-Resident Requests
Applicants should contact the Indian embassy or consulate.

you are in Canada currently so you are Non-Resident. So Indian embassy or consulate is the option for you
This is a misinterpretation, it is not prohibited to get it from India if you are living in Canada. As long as India permits it, you may ask a family member to obtain it for you, or get it while visiting.

bhopali

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-04-2015 @ YYZ
htrak said:
I was in the same situation as you are in now. I had to follow-up multiple times and ended up getting the same response. I then had my father check with the local police station and asked them to complete the verification and send the report to consulate. Sometimes the local police completes the verification and keep it with them because there are no proper instructions as to how/who to send the report back. Once the consulate receives the report from India, they will issue the PCC within two weeks.

Hope this helps!
Thanks everyone for the responses. Yes, my passport was issued under tatkal scheme and my police verification did not happen before I left India.

Htrak - I called so many times to my area's local police station and have spoken directly to the person also who authorize a PCC and according to him he's not received my PCC request from Indian consulate yet but he can see my name in their system which says that my background verification has not done yet and it shows the date when I received my tatkal passport 3 years back. He has advised me that it can be done and will take 2-3 weeks to issue and then they can post me directly to my address in Canada. I was just wondering and wanted to ensure that if I get my PCC directly from India as I don't see CGI will get back to me in near future and as per Jes_ON it is acceptable then I think this would be a best way for me rather than wait for indefinite time.

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
bhopali said:
Thanks everyone for the responses. Yes, my passport was issued under tatkal scheme and my police verification did not happen before I left India.

Htrak - I called so many times to my area's local police station and have spoken directly to the person also who authorize a PCC and according to him he's not received my PCC request from Indian consulate yet but he can see my name in their system which says that my background verification has not done yet and it shows the date when I received my tatkal passport 3 years back. He has advised me that it can be done and will take 2-3 weeks to issue and then they can post me directly to my address in Canada. I was just wondering and wanted to ensure that if I get my PCC directly from India as I don't see CGI will get back to me in near future and as per Jes_ON it is acceptable then I think this would be a best way for me rather than wait for indefinite time.
Hi bhopali. Yeah, I have seen instances where CIC accepting the clearance issued by local police in India. So it is a good idea that you get the letter and submit the same after receiving the AOR. In addition, if your local police can update the system that your background check is done (now or after receiving the request from consulate) then that would be of great help for you in future. Good luck!

weewatch

Aug 22, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Damn, wat is BLS doing for so long, u should talk to some 1 senior and explain them. Yes CEC would accept PCC from india, u can get one within a week, as its way more easier to just make a officer happy at the station like give him some money and they give it to you like rite away.. the only downside is that PCC from india expires in 3 months as opposed to the one received from Canada which expires in a year.

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
weewatch said:
Damn, wat is BLS doing for so long, u should talk to some 1 senior and explain them. Yes CEC would accept PCC from india, u can get one within a week, as its way more easier to just make a officer happy at the station like give him some money and they give it to you like rite away.. the only downside is that PCC from india expires in 3 months as opposed to the one received from Canada which expires in a year.
I believe the expiry is same for the police clearances irrespective of where it is obtained from. My understanding is it should not be more than 3 months old when CIC receives it and it should not be more than 1 year old when they process your application.

weewatch

Aug 22, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@htark thanks for correcting me, you are rite! it does say on the cic website about 3 months, but i couldn't find a official reference about the one year validity.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18.

The certificate must be issued no more than three months before you apply.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certifed translator.

weewatch

Aug 22, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bhopali, i think its a good idea to get ur clearance from india as the process is much faster..if you have a relative that can get it for you he can courier it to you via DHL o something, i had some certificates mailed from india via speedpost and hell it took like 2 weeks for it to reach canada. I guess i was lucky to get my PCC within 3 weeks from BLS.

bhopali

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-04-2015 @ YYZ
weewatch said:
Bhopali, i think its a good idea to get ur clearance from india as the process is much faster..if you have a relative that can get it for you he can courier it to you via DHL o something, i had some certificates mailed from india via speedpost and hell it took like 2 weeks for it to reach canada. I guess i was lucky to get my PCC within 3 weeks from BLS.
Thanks weewatch for suggestion, I am in process of getting my PCC from India ... since I have submitted my PR application last week and hope I will get my PCC from India before my AOR arrives, I should be fine to send it to VO.