+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cic won't give me any answers!

NixieNerd

Feb 19, 2014
This is frustrating. I asked to leave in March and instead they're making me leave next week! I wrote down "March 31st" So I called and asked them why this is and why it says my application is canceled. All they said was "It was up to the officer" Ok but why isn't anyone giving me any answers???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Officers do have the right to decide the date when you must leave Canada (unfortunately you don't have the right to choose). The CIC call centre isn't authorized to access your file and won't be able to tell you why this decision was made. If you want to know the reasons why this decision was made, then you will have to order your GCMS notes (it's going to take a month or two to recieve them after they have been ordered). You can find out how to order your notes here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ordering-gcms-notes-and-proof-youre-in-canada-t85863.0.html

NixieNerd

Feb 19, 2014
I feel stupid now. An agent at cic actually told me I requested a certain date that was later than when my probation was over, so instead of sending me out march, its next week. Although, she said I can send for another extension

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can request a specific date - but there's no guarantee that's what the officer will approve.

You could send in another extension application which would buy you more time in Canada while you wait for a decision (provided CIC receives your extension application before your current visit runs out next week). I believe this second extension will definitely be refused since your last extension was cut short (CIC is basically telling you it's time to go home).

sunny2710

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
You could send in another extension application which would buy you more time in Canada while you wait for a decision
so if cic refuses one extension application you can send in an other one, even when cic giving you a date when you should leave ? what if they refuse the second application also, will they issue a removal order and could this cause any problems in the future when you reenter Canada ? I am asking because i am sending my extension application next week and just want to be prepared for what to do, if my extension app gets refused.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
sunny2710 said:
so if cic refuses one extension application you can send in an other one, even when cic giving you a date when you should leave ? what if they refuse the second application also, will they issue a removal order and could this cause any problems in the future when you reenter Canada ? I am asking because i am sending my extension application next week and just want to be prepared for what to do, if my extension app gets refused.
OP's extension wasn't refused. It was approved but CIC didn't give as much time as OP wanted; OP could apply for another extension.

If your extension is refused, you cannot apply for another one; you must leave by the date given by CIC.

poppyweise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nixie, send in via paper application if you can. It takes longer to process and you can stay here via implied status until you receive an answer.