CIC UPDATED July 13, 2021 - Confirming your permanent residence online

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
There is an updated today from CIC website, July 13, 2021
Confirming your permanent residence online
If you got an email about the Permanent Residence Portal, it’s legitimate if
  • it came from an email address ending in @cic.gc.ca
  • it’s in both English and French
  • the subject line is “IRCC - Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) / Portail de résidence permanente (Confirmation de la RP)”
  • it links to this page
To manage the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in most cases, we can confirm permanent resident (PR) status
  • without in-person interviews
  • through a new, secure portal
More information: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html

scout1980

Feb 6, 2023
"Permanent residence confirmation" tab does not exist on the PR portal. Has anyone experienced the same? Any advice?

scout1980

Feb 6, 2023
did you get portal 2 from IRCC?
I don’t quite know what that is. What i got is an email with subject line “2nd IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal”, and a pdf attachment instructions instruction to go to the portal and confirm status.

But I got confused as it also says reply to this email.

Reactions: luanchung

luanchung

Star Member
May 1, 2023
I don’t quite know what that is. What i got is an email with subject line “2nd IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal”, and a pdf attachment instructions instruction to go to the portal and confirm status.

But I got confused as it also says reply to this email.
did you get the very first email with subject line "IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal / IRCC Portail de la confirmation de résidence permanente – E********". That email will include a pdf file named with your application number. In that PDF, they will ask you for series of information with a template like this:
Name as it appears on your passport:
Height in either centimetres or feet and inches:
Eye Colour:
UCI:
Personal email (one for the whole family):
Personal phone number:
Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
Location of last entry (which Canadian border or Canadian airport):
Are you currently inside Canada (yes or no):
If you are not inside Canada
o When is your expected return date (YYYY/MM/DD):
o In which country are you currently located:

Did you respone to that email with this template?

scout1980

Feb 6, 2023
did you get the very first email with subject line "IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal / IRCC Portail de la confirmation de résidence permanente – E********". That email will include a pdf file named with your application number. In that PDF, they will ask you for series of information with a template like this:
Name as it appears on your passport:
Height in either centimetres or feet and inches:
Eye Colour:
UCI:
Personal email (one for the whole family):
Personal phone number:
Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
Location of last entry (which Canadian border or Canadian airport):
Are you currently inside Canada (yes or no):
If you are not inside Canada
o When is your expected return date (YYYY/MM/DD):
o In which country are you currently located:

Did you respone to that email with this template?
No, this one is the first email i got from ircc. And yes, It contains the information template.

luanchung

Star Member
May 1, 2023
No, this one is the first email i got from ircc. And yes, It contains the information template.
ok you will have to copy the template of information they ask in the "Next Steps" section in that PDF, and you have to paste it in the Reply to that email along with your information.

scout1980

Feb 6, 2023
ok you will have to copy the template of information they ask in the "Next Steps" section in that PDF, and you have to paste it in the Reply to that email along with your information.
Great! Thanks for helping me out. I'll do as you said

luanchung

Star Member
May 1, 2023
It’s from Montreal IRCC
Ok they have a wait time of 5~7 working days. You’ll probably hear back from them next week. If you’ve already created a portal account yourself and in that reply email you said you will use the same email. They will add a PR Confirmation case directly into your account once they get back to you.

scout1980

Feb 6, 2023
Ok they have a wait time of 5~7 working days. You’ll probably hear back from them next week. If you’ve already created a portal account yourself and in that reply email you said you will use the same email. They will add a PR Confirmation case directly into your account once they get back to you.
Thank you! big help

scout1980

Feb 6, 2023
I've received three separate emails for the 3 family members. Should I send the information for myself and dependents all in one reply, or should I reply to each email separately with the corresponding family member mentioned in the PDF? Thanks.

luanchung

Star Member
May 1, 2023
I've received three separate emails for the 3 family members. Should I send the information for myself and dependents all in one reply, or should I reply to each email separately with the corresponding family member mentioned in the PDF? Thanks.
It’s up to you, you can request one portal for the whole family under one email address, or each dependents will have their own portal account. You have to mention that in the reply email

luanchung

Star Member
May 1, 2023
If you are a primary applicant and decide to represent your whole family. You will need to include the template for each of your family member in the reply email as well as stating that you will use your email address for the whole family