+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC - The most flawed website which I have ever seen recently ....

jacob777

Jan 21, 2015
Hello All,

As you all know there are some technical glitch which is happening at the CIC website. I am a computer engineer and to be honest CIC website is the WORST of all which I have ever dealt with.

These are the list of flaws :

-----

Processing Submission - this status appears when you timeout for the payment or leave the system idle
Looped information - if you click for some information, it goes to next page but at last you will definitely looping to the home page which is frustrating
Worst customer support - if you face any technical difficulties, it is hard to reach any one on phone and via email forget it, may be if it is your lucky day "YOU MIGHT HAVE A MAIL" after 2 weeks
Adding documents is not possible - if you forgot any document, you cannot add it until you get a notification from a Visa Officer
Long processing time - The processing time for online takes longer than I expected
Username retrial process is a pain - if you forget your username there is no way of getting it back until you send a mail to some team and again wait for their response
Timeout factor - sometimes one page times out while the related page is still alive
Charged in card but no application number - your card will be charged with $100 USD but there is no application number

-----

I have no idea which company is responsible for backend applications for CIC but they are the worst of all. Seriously are the technical team atleast aware of something called - application testing !!!!

Out of frustration, I am writing this for I am really taken aback to see a government website having such a poor navigation and technical difficulties.

CIC - Please improve the quality of the website. :'(

Do any one agree with me ??

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
So far, I haven't encountered any problem at the website. It's good that someone has pointed out the flaws. You must report these problem as a suggestion on CIC website.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
jacob777 said:
As you all know there are some technical glitch which is happening at the CIC website. I am a computer engineer and to be honest CIC website is the WORST of all which I have ever dealt with.
EI think you haven't dealt with many systems ... I have seen way worse systems, way worse indeed.

Let me help you analyze a little better.

jacob777 said:
Processing Submission - this status appears when you timeout for the payment or leave the system idle
I think your confusion comes from a lack of understanding the term "processing submission". When you are in the process of making a payment the status is actually "processing a submission" this is triggered from the moment you try to pay to the moment the submission is confirmed.

As the payment is not successful the next stage would be "submission failed".

The system in here is correct.

jacob777 said:
Looped information - if you click for some information, it goes to next page but at last you will definitely looping to the home page which is frustrating
While the navigation is not the greatest, it is not bad. I think you need more time to get used to it. Usually this is caused by eagerness in the user to get to where they want to get, causing them not to understand what they are clicking or not reading carefully what the link actually is for. This is most likely by design as CIC wants to make sure you have a minimal understanding of what you are doing.

Maybe for you it is redundant but for a great bulk of people it is not.

jacob777 said:
Worst customer support - if you face any technical difficulties, it is hard to reach any one on phone and via email forget it, may be if it is your lucky day "YOU MIGHT HAVE A MAIL" after 2 weeks
This has to do with abuse. You can see it in this forum. Even though questions have been answered hundreds of times people still ask them. It doesn't matter if you pin them, you put them in a faq or it is the first hit in google, people are lazy and want to be spoon fed.

The same happens if you open a direct line for "technical difficulties" the system would get loaded with questions that could be answered by a simple research, or people trying to prove how the system is wrong and they are right. This can't be allowed.

jacob777 said:
Adding documents is not possible - if you forgot any document, you cannot add it until you get a notification from a Visa Officer
Of course it isn't. You can't be changing document on demand. The website says it "this is a serious process" and if you forget something that is your sole responsibility the website SHOULD NOT give you the chance of changing/adding documents and then blaming them for "not taking into consideration".

jacob777 said:
Long processing time - The processing time for online takes longer than I expected
Processing is not done by the system, this is done by human beings. Anyway processing time can always take much longer. Usually they take what is stated. People are impatient, and most of complains come from really impatient people that don't understand the process.

jacob777 said:
Username retrial process is a pain - if you forget your username there is no way of getting it back until you send a mail to some team and again wait for their response
Of course. Sensitive immigration information is under those credentials. This is a basic security measure. It is your responsibility to keep your credentials at hand.

jacob777 said:
Timeout factor - sometimes one page times out while the related page is still alive
Sensitive information is on stake. Timeout windows are set to a minimal.

jacob777 said:
Charged in card but no application number - your card will be charged with $100 USD but there is no application number
You can't have an application number without it being initiated. For this the charge has to be done.

jacob777 said:
I have no idea which company is responsible for backend applications for CIC but they are the worst of all. Seriously are the technical team atleast aware of something called - application testing !!!!
I am not saying that the system is perfect. There is no such thing as a perfect system. But what I am saying is that the system is quite good, there are reasons behind every decision implemented and the system has been around for quite a long time with no major issues.

Yes, sometimes system fail and users get annoyed....

(Yes I am a CE with some years of experience under my belt).

jacob777

Jan 21, 2015
@Jalex23,

I agree I am not that smart person as you ;) I believe there are some people like me who want to get help instantly.

People who wants to get stuff, need information at their front in a moment and that is called sophistication of technology.

May be this is my first time applying visa by myself and that is where I freaked out.

If the system is perfect, I don't believe there will be a blogspot for Canada visa. Just saying ;D