Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
So this has crossed my mind....

how safe is this forum? :eek:

we share our personal lives and blops that we put on our immigration forms..

ever wonder if there are CIC spies on the forum monitoring?

or someone tapping in?

the question is interseting given that some people don't declare stuff and then at the embassy they are confronted with it...how do CIC know? e.g. instance where a spouse lied about not being married or the other about a spouse not indicated she lived in a foreign country for 2 years... two threads over the last week.

So what ya all think?

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
To be honest I think most of those things you mentioned would come out of a cursory background check and really, if we're all telling the truth, which we should be, does it matter if CIC are looking into this forum?

I wouldn't care one way or the other. I would tell the same stories either way. I love my husband i want to be with him and I think that the waiting times for processing are stupidly long.

warrenthegreat

Sep 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
I hope they are and I hope they're lending a hand too. Who better to advise people and probably saves a million phone calls.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HoneyBird said:

or someone tapping in?

the question is interseting given that some people don't declare stuff and then at the embassy they are confronted with it...how do CIC know? e.g. instance where a spouse lied about not being married or the other about a spouse not indicated she lived in a foreign country for 2 years... two threads over the last week.

So what ya all think?
VOs are too busy and have no extra time to visit site like this, beside, we all use different names and email addresses here. No worries my friend!
Cheers,

W

waynevega

I agree with MandiF. We are supposed to be telling the truth in our applications and if we don't have any hidden truths under the surface, we will be alright.

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
I would like to think that the CIC officers are so busy working hard to approve all our applications that they don't have time to troll forums.

But if they did have time, I really wouldn't feel too bad for someone who lied on their application and got found out (through forums, facebook, etc). Most of the people here are sharing their stories and I think it just adds to the proof we have that we are in loving, genuine relationships. Sometimes I wish that those processing our applications could see how much we are in pain from being apart and from going through this lengthy and invasive process.

W

waynevega

It would be useful if CIC and its Minister could access this forum and read the hard stories under the thread "How many people want to give up?" and understand how we feel -just like Kess writes- and all those people under that thread.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HoneyBird said:

or someone tapping in?

So what ya all think?
Extremely unlikely unless specifically directed here through a poison pen letter and even then, id's are confidential so no real value. They are way too busy dealing with a massive backlog and would probably use methods where information could be authenticated and verified.

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
27-07-2010 (to Detroit 15/09/10)
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2010 (arrived 01-11-2010)
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
In my humble opinion it is unlikely. I am being silly but this topic made me think of one espisode from the t.v. show "Friends". Rachel asked her date (I think) who happened to be a gynecologist why he was not interested in sex and he said to her "you server coffee all day, right?..and do you still want to see coffee after work?" ..well this is not the exact quote but something similar.. :p I think CIC officers are like us who want to forget about work when they are at home. I seriously doubt they would be surfing the immigration discussion forum during the work either..maybe their own facebook if they can get away wit it? lol :-X

But hopefully they will be so busy working on our files they don't have time for anything silly like that!

kal1313

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-10
File Transfer...
16-09-10
Passport Req..
30-10-10
Even if they are who cares , there is nothing wrong in getting more information and being concerned about the application status of your loved ones, you cannot get penalized for that .