+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cic sent correspondence but we didn't receive anything. Help

Calgaryzach

Nov 14, 2015
Hey everyone,

Our application was received March 28th and we linked our application 1 week after when we got our AOR number. On our login part where we linked the application it's showing the cic doesn't require any additional info, but my wife checked the application status without logging in (aor number, family name, and birthdate) and it's saying " we sent you correspondence on April 11' if you have not yet provided the information or requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Should we be worried? Why is it saying on one part they don't need anything but the other site shows they sent us correspondence. Any ideas?

Thank you!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
what is the date listed on your AOR? if i'm understanding your dates correctly, more than likely that is the "correspondence" they sent.

it is very common for the systems to not be consistent at all.

Sharnee

May 26, 2016
Calgaryzach said:
Hey everyone,

Our application was received March 28th and we linked our application 1 week after when we got our AOR number. On our login part where we linked the application it's showing the cic doesn't require any additional info, but my wife checked the application status without logging in (aor number, family name, and birthdate) and it's saying " we sent you correspondence on April 11' if you have not yet provided the information or requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Should we be worried? Why is it saying on one part they don't need anything but the other site shows they sent us correspondence. Any ideas?

Thank you!
I had the same issue. Please call CIC to find out what additional documents they are requesting from you. In my case, they were requesting my Schedule A form. I had to complete it and mail it express to Mississauga because I waited too long to find out what document they requested and was close to my deadline of submitting it. Don't wait for the email to show up because they are having some technical difficulties, just call ASAP, and submit the document that they ask for.

hunter21

Dec 31, 2016
Calgaryzack, I'm in exactly the same situation. The only difference is that my application is lodged from Australia where we live. I have yet to receive a request for Schedule A form which they mentioned in their correspondence almost 2 weeks ago.

What do you recommend? (Calling them doesn't seem to be an option unless I reside in Canada.)
Do you have an update Calgaryzack?

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
hunter21 said:
Calgaryzack, I'm in exactly the same situation. The only difference is that my application is lodged from Australia where we live. I have yet to receive a request for Schedule A form which they mentioned in their correspondence almost 2 weeks ago.

What do you recommend? (Calling them doesn't seem to be an option unless I reside in Canada.)
Do you have an update Calgaryzack?
You still can call being outside of Canada. Here is a number I used (being in Germany) to reach them 1-613-944-4000. However it takes many attempts (at least in my case). As for the docs request, most definitely they want Schedule A and maybe police clearance certificates. Those docs you can upload using IRCC web form, or using mycic (if yours has an upload button)...or some ppl here send these docs via mail. Good luck!

hunter21

Dec 31, 2016
English is full of subtleties!

Thanks for responding Nina53. I'm starting to think I MISUNDERSTOOD the email sent to my partner.

I got an email to link my application which I did. My original question was why I haven't received the request for the 'Schedule A form' more than 5 days later after getting the email below which my partner received around 2 weeks ago?

"A request has or will be sent directly to the principal applicant with instructions outlining the requirements for submission of the Schedule A to CPC-Mississauga. If your principal applicant or their representative has not yet received this request, or an invitation to link their application to My CIC, it will be sent in the next 5 business days."

Now that I read the email again, perhaps the correspondence that they expect me to have already received or at most within 5 days is the email requesting linking my application. I'm still not sure when I'm supposed to get a request for the Schedule A form.

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
hunter21 said:
English is full of subtleties!

Thanks for responding Nina53. I'm starting to think I MISUNDERSTOOD the email sent to my partner.

I got an email to link my application which I did. My original question was why I haven't received the request for the 'Schedule A form' more than 5 days later after getting the email below which my partner received around 2 weeks ago?

"A request has or will be sent directly to the principal applicant with instructions outlining the requirements for submission of the Schedule A to CPC-Mississauga. If your principal applicant or their representative has not yet received this request, or an invitation to link their application to My CIC, it will be sent in the next 5 business days."

Now that I read the email again, perhaps the correspondence that they expect me to have already received or at most within 5 days is the email requesting linking my application. I'm still not sure when I'm supposed to get a request for the Schedule A form.
that is another reason to call and clarify. After linking my app to mycic account I didnt see any requests...waited around 10 days and started calling...Agent told me that the sent correspondence was a request for Schedule A and PCCs...And told me to upload docs via webform...since then - silence. The agent also told that the problem (I would call it a major glitch) occurred because the request was sent before the application was linked....whatever that means.

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Nina53 said:
The agent also told that the problem (I would call it a major glitch) occurred because the request was sent before the application was linked....whatever that means.
This could be accurate. I linked my application a day before receiving AOR/instruction to link the account and voila Schedule A request to upload in myCIC account was there. Such a flawed system, I'm still wondering why all of this stuff couldn't be provided up front ???

Calgaryzach

Nov 14, 2015
has anyone had any progress from this time going forward? We are still waiting for our criminal record check to say processed... and still waiting for the health check to be issued.