+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC sent back our restoration of status.

koko01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2017
I lost my status when our application was sent back and I was told I could send in a restoration of status application along with our PR app.

Today, we got our restoration application back with a note attached saying incorrect office.

I don't even know what to do now.

How would they do this? Why? Three CIC agents confirmed that this was the way to go, and so did several threads on this forum. I don't understand.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I lost my status when our application was sent back and I was told I could send in a restoration of status application along with our PR app.

Today, we got our restoration application back with a note attached saying incorrect office.

How would they do this? Why? Three CIC agents confirmed that this was the way to go, and so did several threads on this forum. I don't understand.
Where did you send you application?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I sent it to Mississauga, and we got our AOR, but this got sent back and we just received it today.
For the PR yes it is Mississauga. For Restoration I think the office is Edmonton. Sometimes they would forward an application to the right address, and sometimes they don't. I think if they received the application towards the end of or after the 90 days period, they might not have been able to forward it to the correct address. Not sure what you can do here, may be try to call them and see (don't know if ti will change anything) otherwise you will just have to wait till you receive AIP then apply for OWP. If you are from a visa exempt country you can try flag-polling (risky)

koko01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2017
For the PR yes it is Mississauga. For Restoration I think the office is Edmonton. Sometimes they would forward an application to the right address, and sometimes they don't. I think if they received the application towards the end of or after the 90 days period, they might not have been able to forward it to the correct address. Not sure what you can do here, may be try to call them and see (don't know if ti will change anything) otherwise you will just have to wait till you receive AIP then apply for OWP. If you are from a visa exempt country you can try flag-polling (risky)
Thank you so much for your answer. It's a pretty emotional time here at our place right now but I'm very appreciative of your help. Can I ask what flag-polling is?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
re entering Canada by driving through US border. You can try to search it on the forum

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much for your answer. It's a pretty emotional time here at our place right now but I'm very appreciative of your help. Can I ask what flag-polling is?
FYI - flagpoling may or may not be a good idea depending on your country of origin. There's always some risk Canada may not let you back in.

Reactions: Eveslm

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019

Did you send a separate application for restoration of status?? On the open work permit form, you had also the option to restore your status as worker... this way you could do it both in the same time. Maybe you can call at Edmonton and ask if they could consider this, since you already paid for your restoration.

koko01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2017
FYI - flagpoling may or may not be a good idea depending on your country of origin. There's always some risk Canada may not let you back in.
It's alright. I'm very grateful for the advice he gave me but I am not interested in flagpoling, even if I'm from a "safe" country so to speak. I'm just very sad about state of events and listening to customer service in the first place.

koko01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2017
Did you send a separate application for restoration of status?? On the open work permit form, you had also the option to restore your status as worker... this way you could do it both in the same time. Maybe you can call at Edmonton and ask if they could consider this, since you already paid for your restoration.
Yes, I followed the advice of three agents and a bunch of threads here and filled out a separate application. I don't understand why he would send it back citing "wrong office". Awful.

I'm calling them right now and asking what's going on. Not really holding my breath for anything to happen unfortunately since I know they don't take any responsibility for their screw-ups.

koko01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2017
Well I got off the phone and she basically said "yeah usually that's possible for you to send it all in together, but it's ultimately up to the visa officer and your visa officer decided to send it back."

I'm honestly so done with this. Thank you all for your help.