+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

cic screening of pnp applicants pt. 2

A.G.Pennypacker

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Said another way...

If the province mistakenly nominates an applicant who doesn't fit provincial criteria will CIC make the province withdrawal the nomination due to ineligibility?

Or, does CIC only care about medical, security and criminality and is therefore indifferent (and unknowledgeable) toward pip criteria?

Thanks

Rocky_bombastic

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Regina-SK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th May '13
Doc's Request.
25th Nov '13
Nomination.....
11th Oct '13
AOR Received.
29th Dec '13 ( ECAS update to Application recieved on 12th Nov '13)
File Transfer...
RPRF request 15-May-2014
Med's Request
30th Dec '13
Med's Done....
07th Jan '14
Interview........
IN PROCESS ---> 2nd June '14. --- Decision made---> 23rd June '14
Passport Req..
July 3rd 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 15th 2014
LANDED..........
18th July 2014---> PR card received Sep 8th 2014
A.G.Pennypacker said:
Said another way...

If the province mistakenly nominates an applicant who doesn't fit provincial criteria will CIC make the province withdrawal the nomination due to ineligibility?

Or, does CIC only care about medical, security and criminality and is therefore indifferent (and unknowledgeable) toward pip criteria?

Thanks

From what I know .. The Federal does not care about the nomination. But It will still call them up to verify the authenticity of your nomination. That is the only thing the Federal Gov will check with the Provincial Gov. So if you get cleared there then you are good to go.

A.G.Pennypacker

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Thanks again Rocky!

The reason I ask is I happen to know someone who was nominated by their respective province even though they did not meet the minimum eligibility requirements.

On one hand I'm happy for them but on the other hand I'm worried that some of the provinces aren't conducting proper due diligence. Had they conducted some very simple screening they, the province, would have realized that the nominees had done some inappropriate manoeuvring to obtain the nomination.

Cheers

Rocky_bombastic

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Regina-SK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th May '13
Doc's Request.
25th Nov '13
Nomination.....
11th Oct '13
AOR Received.
29th Dec '13 ( ECAS update to Application recieved on 12th Nov '13)
File Transfer...
RPRF request 15-May-2014
Med's Request
30th Dec '13
Med's Done....
07th Jan '14
Interview........
IN PROCESS ---> 2nd June '14. --- Decision made---> 23rd June '14
Passport Req..
July 3rd 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 15th 2014
LANDED..........
18th July 2014---> PR card received Sep 8th 2014
A.G.Pennypacker said:
Thanks again Rocky!

The reason I ask is I happen to know someone who was nominated by their respective province even though they did not meet the minimum eligibility requirements.

On one hand I'm happy for them but on the other hand I'm worried that some of the provinces aren't conducting proper due diligence. Had they conducted some very simple screening they, the province, would have realized that the nominees had done some inappropriate manoeuvring to obtain the nomination.

Cheers
I know what you mean when you say that. The provincial people should check the minimum eligibility requirements. If they dont and issue it I think that person was lucky to get nomination. I have never heard or known any provincial nominee applicant being rejected accept for criminal cases etc. The federal will do verify the applicant but will not check the provincial criteria. The federal application checklist is like below

for Inland applicant.

Medicals, Application fee paid or not , Security check - includes criminal , organized crime and other activities, verify the Schedule A information provided, Provincial nominee applicant's authenticity( usually they call the office or Fax it) , RPRF fee and then they will send you a passport request if enerything is in order.

Hope this helps

hisaca

Sep 12, 2012
Rocky_bombastic said:
I know what you mean when you say that. The provincial people should check the minimum eligibility requirements. If they dont and issue it I think that person was lucky to get nomination. I have never heard or known any provincial nominee applicant being rejected accept for criminal cases etc. The federal will do verify the applicant but will not check the provincial criteria. The federal application checklist is like below

for Inland applicant.

Medicals, Application fee paid or not , Security check - includes criminal , organized crime and other activities, verify the Schedule A information provided, Provincial nominee applicant's authenticity( usually they call the office or Fax it) , RPRF fee and then they will send you a passport request if enerything is in order.

Hope this helps
I agree with Rocky. It is an enormous task to screen applicant most especially those not in Canada already. We cannot rule out one or two mistakes even at CIC level.

I believe if they have their nomination, maybe we just allow it be. It is tasking to have your application scale through and also some have been on this race for decades.

This to me is an exception which became obvious to you. Its not easy to be 100% accurate