+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Requests for Passport Biopages

a_mabrouk10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Hi Experts,

I have received a request today from CIC requesting for copies of my biopgaes although I have submitted the same on my application.

Please advise what does it mean? Is it a good sign?

Thanks

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
What are the contents of the request? Is it the famous PPR/RFV email?
What's your timeline?

a_mabrouk10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Que Em said:
What are the contents of the request? Is it the famous PPR/RFV email?
What's your timeline?
Below is the format, AOR date is 25th Aug.

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Height (in cm) and eye color: This information is required for yourself and each of your dependants. This must be received at this office by: 2016/10/16
 > Passport/Travel Document: Please provide a copy of the biopage of your passport. This must be received at this office by: 2016/10/16

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
a_mabrouk10 said:
Below is the format, AOR date is 25th Aug.

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Height (in cm) and eye color: This information is required for yourself and each of your dependants. This must be received at this office by: 2016/10/16
 > Passport/Travel Document: Please provide a copy of the biopage of your passport. This must be received at this office by: 2016/10/16
This is so called PPR. Congratulations!
I assume you are from visa-exempt country, otherwise they would ask you to send the passport.

a_mabrouk10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
johnny123 said:
This is so called PPR. Congratulations!
I assume you are from visa-exempt country, otherwise they would ask you to send the passport.
No, I am not form visa-exempt country. I am an Egyptian living in Dubai.

What do you think? Thanks

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
a_mabrouk10 said:
No, I am not form visa-exempt country. I am an Egyptian living in Dubai.

What do you think? Thanks
I see, I guess you missed that information while filling your online application. Just provide the requested information. PPR/RFV usually includes a request for photos, as well.

a_mabrouk10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Que Em said:
I see, I guess you missed that information while filling your online application. Just provide the requested information. PPR/RFV usually includes a request for photos, as well.
I will provide the requested information. However, I am sure that I have provided this information and the passports copies on my online application.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
a_mabrouk10 said:
I will provide the requested information. However, I am sure that I have provided this information and the passports copies on my online application.
Maybe, the earlier copies weren't clear or there was some sort of problem. Just provide the information and upload a new set of scans (make sure they are clear and legible).

a_mabrouk10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Que Em said:
Maybe, the earlier copies weren't clear or there was some sort of problem. Just provide the information and upload a new set of scans (make sure they are clear and legible).
Thanks

a_mabrouk10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Que Em said:
I think that because my application is processed in London visa office while my local VO which will stamp the PR is in Abudhabi

Riyaz1979

May 26, 2015
a_mabrouk10 said:
I think that because my application is processed in London visa office while my local VO which will stamp the PR is in Abudhabi
Hi

In your case did they acknowledge the receipt of bio-pages? Did you get PPR ? If yes after how long you got PPR?

Even I got the same request on December 6. I am an Indian living in Abu Dhabi.
I have couriered the bio-pages to London Visa Office, because the letter said they need copy of bio-pages. No response since then.

Regards
Riyaz

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Riyaz1979 said:
Hi

In your case did they acknowledge the receipt of bio-pages? Did you get PPR ? If yes after how long you got PPR?

Even I got the same request on December 6. I am an Indian living in Abu Dhabi.
I have couriered the bio-pages to London Visa Office, because the letter said they need copy of bio-pages. No response since then.

Regards
Riyaz
You posted copies, correct? Could you not have sent them electronically?

chevalcriostoir

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
To me that sounds like a check on information.
Sometimes IRCC request the same document more than once, to verify there was no error etc.
I have had information requested more than once- it was generally details entered into the electronic forms for the ITA so asking for Height and eye colour would fall into that area.

The PPR email people are talking about specifically states you are "Ready for Visa" as state it is the final request
It would ask also for passport photographs to be included on the permanent resident card.

Riyaz1979

May 26, 2015
kryt0n said:
The letter specifically said copy of bio-pages to be sent to London office. If they needed electronically they would have advised to upload it in my cic account or provided an email id, which they didn't.

Regards
Riyaz

Riyaz1979

May 26, 2015
kryt0n said:
You were right after checking "Submitted Application", I was surprised to see that option to upload new passport and height/eye color information was created. I have uploaded all the required documents on Friday. My additional document status turned to 'submitted'. Since then I have heard nothing from CIC. How long will it take from now on......very frustrating to wait any longer without knowing what's happening.

Regards
Riyaz