+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC requesting a document that I told them I don't have.

DustinBrett

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
I applied for my wife to have a tourist extension before I applied for her PR/OWP. Now I haven't heard anything from them about the PR/OWP yet but I got a message from them about the tourist extension requesting the passport page of my wifes passport that has her entry stamp into Canada. Now she is Chilean and was NOT given a stamp. I fought with the people at the airport to get her a stamp and they refused and said it wasn't needed. I attached this information to my letter of explanation document when I sent the tourist extension application to CIC, I also sent them my wifes plane ticket as proof of her entry.

What can I do? They are requesting a stamp that doesn't exist but she arrived her legally and was not given a stamp. I have no way to prove this and the idiots at CIC ignored my information that I put in the letter of explanation.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DustinBrett said:
I applied for my wife to have a tourist extension before I applied for her PR/OWP. Now I haven't heard anything from them about the PR/OWP yet but I got a message from them about the tourist extension requesting the passport page of my wifes passport that has her entry stamp into Canada. Now she is Chilean and was NOT given a stamp. I fought with the people at the airport to get her a stamp and they refused and said it wasn't needed. I attached this information to my letter of explanation document when I sent the tourist extension application to CIC, I also sent them my wifes plane ticket as proof of her entry.

What can I do? They are requesting a stamp that doesn't exist but she arrived her legally and was not given a stamp. I have no way to prove this and the idiots at CIC ignored my information that I put in the letter of explanation.
Since they ignored your previous explanation and insist on getting an official record, I would request a travel record from CBSA and send it to CIC: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html
It may take up to 30 days to get one, so I would contact CIC , explain the situation again and request an extension to submit the CBSA travel record.

RickBuchanan

Jun 25, 2015
My wife came into Canada on a vacation and didn't get a stamp at the boarder. We are in the process of applying for spousal sponsorship and want to extend her visitors visa in a few months.

Should I push to get the stamp figured out? Why wouldn't they stamp her passport upon entry?

thanks a lot,
Rick

DustinBrett

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
They ended up approving her visitor extension without ever getting that document from me. It still shows on the MyCIC site a note saying they require a document but now the status of the application is 'Closed' and it shows that the final decision was approved. I got a PDF today confirming this. So I guess they finally read my Letter of Explanation correctly which I attached from the start.

SuiGeneris

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Yeah, CIC has a lot of improvement to do.