+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Request for updated LOA dated Jan

amarsheta

Oct 10, 2018
Hello

I applied for Sept 2018 intake but I have received the request from CIC on 08 October requesting for updated LOA dated January from intended Institution but unfortunately, my program is available for Sept intake only not available for Jan intake. Please advise.

Can I reply saying is only for sept and if get approved I will attend the current semester and they could agree, or can I submit another LOA for another program in January even from a different college or should be from the same College?

I hope someone can help me and advice on possible options and better answers.

Reactions: raghupathy92

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Did you submit the Sep LOA with the application or what did you submit? Do you have a LOA already? What are you planning to do btwn now and September?

amarsheta

Oct 10, 2018
Did you submit the Sep LOA with the application or what did you submit? Do you have a LOA already? What are you planning to do btwn now and September?
LOA of a program started in Sept 2018 already submitted with my application but my application process takes a long time more than 5 weeks and just replied yesterday asking for updated LOA dated January I guess they prefer that I start in January intake as my program started already but unfortunately my program not available for Jan intake

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
If your program really doesn't offer January start dates, your best bet might be to get a deferral until September 2019.
I think it's too late to start this year on the September session, you'd get there a month after classes start. If your school is fine with that, maybe you can get a letter from them saying so, or something like that.

Reactions: amarsheta

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
LOA of a program started in Sept 2018 already submitted with my application but my application process takes a long time more than 5 weeks and just replied yesterday asking for updated LOA dated January I guess they prefer that I start in January intake as my program started already but unfortunately my program not available for Jan intake
Ok I see, for some reason I thought you were applying for extension.
I think you should be fine to submit a new LOA for January/May if you can somehow get one in time even from another school, include an explanation letter. Otherwise the deferment advice given is the other option.

amarsheta

Oct 10, 2018
If your program really doesn't offer January start dates, your best bet might be to get a deferral until September 2019.
I think it's too late to start this year on the September session, you'd get there a month after classes start. If your school is fine with that, maybe you can get a letter from them saying so, or something like that.
Thank you so much , If I can get a letter from college do you think CIC might accept it and issue the permit? and regarding PGWP If it's 1 year but study starts 04 Sept 2018 and finished 31 May 2019 How long I can get PGWP and wouldn't effect by arriving there late 1 month ? and is it helpful to apply for P.R later .

sorry for several questions

Chamcham

Jan 25, 2019
I submitted my application last year but because i was instructed by CIC to repeat xray, i only passed medical on May 2. Then CIC requested for an updated LOA. It is almost a month now since GC Key is showing "reviewing additional document...". Is there anyone who experienced submitting an updated LOA? How many weeks before you got your visa? Or do you think the chance my visa will be approved is high, because it is already 8 months since i submitted my application.

Sandeep_kaur9

Sep 18, 2019
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
04/03/2019
Med's Request
19/07/2019
Med's Done....
30/07/2019
I submitted my application last year but because i was instructed by CIC to repeat xray, i only passed medical on May 2. Then CIC requested for an updated LOA. It is almost a month now since GC Key is showing "reviewing additional document...". Is there anyone who experienced submitting an updated LOA? How many weeks before you got your visa? Or do you think the chance my visa will be approved is high, because it is already 8 months since i submitted my application.
When u got ur visa after submtting LOA???

raghupathy92

Oct 6, 2022
Hello

I applied for Sept 2018 intake but I have received the request from CIC on 08 October requesting for updated LOA dated January from intended Institution but unfortunately, my program is available for Sept intake only not available for Jan intake. Please advise.

Can I reply saying is only for sept and if get approved I will attend the current semester and they could agree, or can I submit another LOA for another program in January even from a different college or should be from the same College?

I hope someone can help me and advice on possible options and better answers.
Hi am experiencing the same they requested me for updated LOA i have uploaded my defer LOA is fine ? how long it will to get a response form them

raghupathy92

Oct 6, 2022
Hi am experiencing the same they requested me for updated LOA i have uploaded my defer LOA is fine ? how long it will to get a response form them