+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC request a set of fingerprints HELP PLEASE !!!

YoyoTofi

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All :),

I'm a new member and this is my first post and I hope you to help me.

Me and my wife are a protected person, we applied for a permanent residence and the application was received in Dec 20, 2012.
Then they ask me to provide them a police certificate from the country that I was live in and I contact the embassy and send them the fingerprints and after 2 months I have received my fingerprints form the embassy and I have forwarded it immediately to the CIC.

On March 4, 2014 I have received email form CIC as below:

[X] As part of this application process, you are required to provide a set of your fingerprints.
Please check the following CIC website for further details:
or contact the
Call Centre, toll free, at 1-888-242-2100. Please take this letter to a service provider and
arrange to have your fingerprints taken as soon as possible.

And I did my fingerprints electronically at the Commissionaire and I called the CIC today and the said the have my fingerprints and so far they have everything they asked for as they said and I have to wait for their next contact. My questions are:

1. Is it correct that there is nothing is required from me even a medical test? ::)
2. How long it take to hear from them again BTW they request the finger prints March 4, 2014 and they received the result on March 14 as they told me on the phone? ::)
3. What should I expect from them in the next contact? ::)
4. Should I apply for a PR card or CIC will take care of that and send me the card only? ::)
5. The important question, how long you think and I will get the PR card?

Sorry for the many questions but I really got tired and frustrated form whole process and I just want it to be done.

Thanks in advance

YoyoTofi

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: CIC request a set of fingerprints (protected person)

help, anyone please?

Delta_visa

May 21, 2014
Hey Buddy,

the processing time for processing permanent residency as a refugee, based on the time you applied (Dec 2012) is around 20 months, and it looks for your case that it has increased the normal processing time, CIC clearly says that you should contact us if processing time has exceeded on our case. Beside that you can track the status of your application on line on CIC website to see what is happening.

Regarding PR card, I believe you can not apply until you get confirmation from CIC that you are Permanent resident, once you are granted PR status, then they will send you the PR CARD in a month. Once your cased in completed they will call you for a face to face interview, where they will tell you that you have been granted PR status and will give you its confirmation as well, from where you can change your SIN, from temp to perm.

I hope you have already heard from them. Keep us posted.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
if you haven't done medical yet, they will request one. it is impossible for anyone to tell you how long the process will take, as we do not work for CIC, and every case is different. The CIC website shows an estimate of processing times, and generally speaking those times are longer than it actually takes. As for the pr card, you will not need to apply for one. It is my understanding the first PR card is automatically sent to the canadian address of the PR after landing. You will be receiving a COPR (certificate of PR) prior to landing which will be your proof of status until that card is delivered. It can take 2-3 months after landing to receive your card.