Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
Hi All,

I received my eCoPR on 21st January 2022, but with a wrong passport number. I wrote to IRCC and they asked me to go through the amendment process and I sent them the documents as requested.

I just received a letter from them today after so many months with the following response:

"We have now completed the assessment of your request to amend your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5688, IMM5292 or IMM1000). Unfortunately, your request to amend the passport number from Zxx1xxxx to Zxx2xxxx is refused. Please refer to the instruction guide (IMM5218) for amendments and corrections that can be made.

The documents completed for your admission to Canada as a permanent resident were issued based on the information you provided at the time of your landing, including the passport you initially provided. It is our practice to only correct any error(s) in information that were recorded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada when an applicant first comes to Canada. The Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5688, IMM5292 or IMM1000) is an historical document, and therefore does not change to reflect life events such as marriage, birth of children, name changes, death or other happenings that occur after you become a permanent resident in Canada.

Following the examination of your request, we are not satisfied that an error was made in recording your information. Please do not resubmit your request unless you have additional evidence that an error was made in recording the information provided to Citizenship and Immigration upon original application for Permanent Residence. The issuance date of the documents supporting your application for an amendment must be dated prior to the issuance date of the Record of Landing.

If you have any questions or require additional information, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca"

But I had only one passport for the last 6 years and that's the one submitted. I sent a copy of the passport also in the amendment documents. They have only got one number wrong in the passport number. What do I do now? Should I just let it go? Hope it won't be an issue later on. All other details are correct in the eCoPR.

@legalfalcon Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

Reactions: EunpaKim

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi All,

I received my eCoPR on 21st January 2022, but with a wrong passport number. I wrote to IRCC and they asked me to go through the amendment process and I sent them the documents as requested.

I just received a letter from them today after so many months with the following response:

"We have now completed the assessment of your request to amend your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5688, IMM5292 or IMM1000). Unfortunately, your request to amend the passport number from Zxx1xxxx to Zxx2xxxx is refused. Please refer to the instruction guide (IMM5218) for amendments and corrections that can be made.

The documents completed for your admission to Canada as a permanent resident were issued based on the information you provided at the time of your landing, including the passport you initially provided. It is our practice to only correct any error(s) in information that were recorded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada when an applicant first comes to Canada. The Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5688, IMM5292 or IMM1000) is an historical document, and therefore does not change to reflect life events such as marriage, birth of children, name changes, death or other happenings that occur after you become a permanent resident in Canada.

Following the examination of your request, we are not satisfied that an error was made in recording your information. Please do not resubmit your request unless you have additional evidence that an error was made in recording the information provided to Citizenship and Immigration upon original application for Permanent Residence. The issuance date of the documents supporting your application for an amendment must be dated prior to the issuance date of the Record of Landing.

If you have any questions or require additional information, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca"

But I had only one passport for the last 6 years and that's the one submitted. I sent a copy of the passport also in the amendment documents. They have only got one number wrong in the passport number. What do I do now? Should I just let it go? Hope it won't be an issue later on. All other details are correct in the eCoPR.

@legalfalcon Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)
First check if you did provide the right passport number in your applicatin even if yo have just one passport.

And if you did, and if the above is what you received from IRCC, then just ignore it. In the long run, the passport number is immaterial.

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
First check if you did provide the right passport number in your applicatin even if yo have just one passport.

And if you did, and if the above is what you received from IRCC, then just ignore it. In the long run, the passport number is immaterial.
Thank you for the quick reply!

I have checked the documents I submitted for my PR after getting my invitation, and all of them (scanned copies of my passport, My medicals which mentions my passport number) contain the correct passport number. I guess I just need to let it go, I have already been in and out of the country couple of times with my PR card and had no issues. I was only concerned if this would come up when I go for citizenship.