+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Refused Spousal sponsorship case

Ahsan Faridi

Nov 5, 2020
I have spouncer my wife and child through spousal sponsorship in May 2018. Received PFL in Feb 2020 and submitted our reply in March 2020. Now today we have received refusal letter.

According to IRCC they have following issues;

1.Marriage certificate and birth certificate issued by Union Committee were verified but Union Committee did not provide source of documents.
2. Applicant address does not come under Union Committee jurisdiction so they are not allowed to issue Marriage Certificate.

Now I have provided them all the documents related to my marriage and my child birth certificate before PFL and after PFL.

Kindly guide me what shold I do? My lawyer says we must go to appeal.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
I have spouncer my wife and child through spousal sponsorship in May 2018. Received PFL in Feb 2020 and submitted our reply in March 2020. Now today we have received refusal letter.

According to IRCC they have following issues;

1.Marriage certificate and birth certificate issued by Union Committee were verified but Union Committee did not provide source of documents.
2. Applicant address does not come under Union Committee jurisdiction so they are not allowed to issue Marriage Certificate.

Now I have provided them all the documents related to my marriage and my child birth certificate before PFL and after PFL.

Kindly guide me what shold I do? My lawyer says we must go to appeal.
Appeal vs Reapplying

Timeline: Appeal most likely takes longer than applying from scratch
Cost : Appeal is 5x more expensive
Convenience: Appeal is much more personal time consuming (prep time+hearings)
Emotional : Appeal is more nerve wracking
Consequence of denial: Re-Applying = free to reapply or appeal if wish.
Appeal Loss = result in the sponsor no longer being able to sponsor his or her spouse ever again given that the Immigration Appeal Division has already decided on this matter.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Appeal vs Reapplying

Timeline: Appeal most likely takes longer than applying from scratch
Cost : Appeal is 5x more expensive
Convenience: Appeal is much more personal time consuming (prep time+hearings)
Emotional : Appeal is more nerve wracking
Consequence of denial: Re-Applying = free to reapply or appeal if wish.
Appeal Loss = result in the sponsor no longer being able to sponsor his or her spouse ever again given that the Immigration Appeal Division has already decided on this matter.
1. Before reapplying suggest the OP read up on Res Judicata

Reactions: Buletruck