+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Processing Times

Salil2013

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes it is after AOR, most of the people didn't feel the heat before because they used to get AOR in a month or less, but for Aug 2014 and Sep 2014 applicant, there was procrastinate of 2 and 4 months respectively to get AOR. and which will adversely stretch the timeline

cecorbust

Aug 19, 2014
rar said:
I think and after asking people on this forum, I believe 12 months start after receiving AOR....

rar
Again...this is not correct. All you have to do is look at CIC's own website to get this information:

From CIC's own website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=068&t=3

"Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) calculates processing times from the day CIC receives an application to the day it makes a decision on the application."

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
There is no suggestion that CIC is lying, the 80%/12month figure is from the 2013/14 era when there was no EE. 2014/15 still saw 8000 applications, who is going to process these and the EEs?

Etzo said:
I really don't think CIC is lying to us with the processing times. Its just not in their interest and would just cause them more problems. I would think that its a true statistic that is based on what they have done and not an estimate.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
What can't you folks understand ............... someone just before quoted the link where I got the info from.

Wake up to reality folks.

Salil2013 said:
Yes it is after AOR, most of the people didn't feel the heat before because they used to get AOR in a month or less, but for Aug 2014 and Sep 2014 applicant, there was procrastinate of 2 and 4 months respectively to get AOR.

rar

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
cecorbust said:
Again...this is not correct. All you have to do is look at CIC's own website to get this information:
Yes, I have looked at CIC website and it clearly mentions" This information is updated quarterly and shows the time it takes to process an application after we receive a complete application package". Please focus on "complete application package". The time between application received at CIO and AOR received is the time CIC takes to check the completeness of the application. Processing starts when file is transferred to Ottawa. Hence, we can't start the processing time from the day application is received by CIO.

Also the reference which you have given is out of context since it talks about the processing time of general applications and not for PR nor CEC...

rar

cecorbust

Aug 19, 2014
rar said:
Yes, I have looked at CIC website and it clearly mentions" This information is updated quarterly and shows the time it takes to process an application after we receive a complete application package". Please focus on "complete application package". The time between application received at CIO and AOR received is the time CIC takes to check the completeness of the application. Processing starts when file is transferred to Ottawa. Hence, we can't start the processing time from the day application is received by CIO.

rar
You are parsing words trying to shoehorn a very clear statement into what you think it should mean. If the processing time was calculated from the time of the AOR, why would the application received date in ECAS be the date that an application was actually received, rather than the AOR date?

rar

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
cecorbust said:
You are parsing words trying to shoehorn a very clear statement into what you think it should mean. If the processing time was calculated from the time of the AOR, why would the application received date in ECAS be the date that an application was actually received, rather than the AOR date?
Please explain the reason behind the due date under eligibility section of gcms notes to be exactly one year after an applicant has received AOR?

rar

Etzo

Oct 20, 2014
AOR = Acknowledgment Of Receipt

Also, this is from the call center, actual CIC staff, and not just one. Kinda hard to dispute that.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Sorry to interrupt you guys between discussion.
When 3 month back I asked CIC agent (2 different times) they said Processing time starts form the date Application reached to processing center .
Ex: You sent application on 10 Feb - AOR gt on 10 Mar , Application sent to processing center on 10 Apr
So your Clock for 12 month process time will start form 10 Apr.

Good luck to all
Now you guys can continue discussion . sorry to interrupt you

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Another take on this issue could be that processing starts when you get the message "we have started processing your application" which is only a few days before a decision is made.

This is the only place where the word "processing" is used in the concise context!!!!! Hahaha

Really folks, processing starts from the day they receive a complete package and that is the day they receive the application. What they do at Sydney is a quick look at the application using a checklist to see if all docs and signatures, etc are there. The application is deemed complete and is progressed, however, processing has started. For applications that are not complete they are returned.

CEC_1304 said:
Sorry to interrupt you guys between discussion.
When 3 month back I asked CIC agent (2 different times) they said Processing time starts form the date Application reached to processing center .
Ex: You sent application on 10 Feb - AOR gt on 10 Mar , Application sent to processing center on 10 Apr
So your Clock for 12 month process time will start form 10 Apr.

Good luck to all
Now you guys can continue discussion . sorry to interrupt you

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
I have to agree with Amisnic on this one. In fact, to me, most of you are more reliable than the call center!

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
I am totally and utterly shocked that a CIC Call Centre Agent will tell people not to use the online application process - this needs to be reported to the Minister and an explanation sought.

zareef said:
I have to agree with Amisnic on this one. In fact, to me, most of you are more reliable than the call center!

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
Amisnic said:
I am totally and utterly shocked that a CIC Call Centre Agent will tell people not to use the online application process - this needs to be reported to the Minister and an explanation sought.
How many call center agents will you report? I've given up on the call center!!

wasabi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
Amisnic said:
It appears that there is some confusion in the understanding of the processing times posted on the CIC website.

It is stated that the time posted,e.g. for CEC PR 80% of the applications were processed and decided within 12 months. Some understand this to be the average time. This is not correct and the chances that ones application will exceed 12 months is only 20% which is fairly low. So it is obvious that those whose applications have gone beyond 12 months should be 1 in 5 people, however, from what "appears" from this forum many more people are going beyond 12 months. As the 12 months is what happened in the year 2013/2012, this 12 month figure may be well short of what a current applicant should expect. Also, CIC states that the figure is updated every 3 months so the site should be showing the 80% figures for the first 3 months of 2015 (Jan, Feb, March). Only this figure will give applicants a true estimate which they can then use to make decisions, arrangements, etc in their lives.
80% cases means applications which fully comply with the process and there is no addition information CIC needs, more over when cic send medical forms sometimes applicant is unable to find the appointment and delay the submission of the medical results same during right of PR fees and also during visa stamping, if you ensure that you provide cic with all the relvent information on time then this processing time will apply, moreover we should always consider some + / - ,