Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
Hello everyone,

CIC has increased processing time incredibly, All over the world... we must take an action with our MPs specially with new elections are coming. This change is effecting and will be effecting every one of us...

We all know the hardship of waiting for our spouses

Regards,

Officer

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jAx8idceIny08eHap0RI1ALY_veYHLdhJc8tp-f2_BA/edit?usp=sharing

megin

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2015
Officer said:
Hello everyone,

CIC has increased processing time incredibly, All over the world... we must take an action with our MPs specially with new elections are coming. This change is effecting and will be effecting every one of us...

We all know the hardship of waiting for our spouses

Regards,

Officer

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jAx8idceIny08eHap0RI1ALY_veYHLdhJc8tp-f2_BA/edit?usp=sharing

Beirut – Lebanon - 64 months, it has to be some kind of typo. How can a marriage survive 64 months apart.

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
I was surprised myself when i made this spreadsheet that's why first thing in the morning I have to talk to my MP, we vote, so MP can fight for us in parliament, if they can not solve our issues then .....

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
Any one have any Idea or thoughts please share with us, so we take action. Otherwise we all will be in tougher situations in our life.

irvah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Something is not right. There is a note there: Last quarterly update: July 10, 2015.

We received a letter from Tel-Aviv VO as of August 13, 2015 where we were advised that: Applications for permanent residence in Canada in the category that you have applied require on average 9 Months to process at this office. How come that in a week processing time jumps from 9 to 21 months?

Look at parents sponsorship timeline: assessment of sponsor 45 months and processing time for example in Los Angeles (United States) 83 months. In total 128 months!!!!!!!!!Average time to sponsor parents 10.5 years???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: It is not funny.......

rambopg

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
25-Jun-2015
File Transfer...
07-Jul-2015
Med's Request
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
Maybe they want to deter people from marrying in those countries with really high processing time?

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
Most of us enjoying the waiting game, that is why no one is trying to do anything with processing time which is the main concern of spousal sponsorship... some marriages will not survive due to time lines of CIC.. I do not believe that the number of application has increased from last year, but the processing time is keep on increasing everywhere in the world ... that is not right and I do not believe we sit and wait ...

Violet11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Doc's Request.
ARC submitted April 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Dec 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
March 2015
My husband had his interview in March of this year and I recently sent the visa office an email asking how long it would take to finalize the process and they responded the following:

Please note that the review of your husband’s application is still ongoing and we are unable to provide you with a time frame as to when a decision can be expected. Applications are processed according to the priorities set forth by the Minister. We will inform you on further processing steps in due course.

In other words their priority now is to process people applying under the express entry. People applying under the express entry system are getting their PR within six months which at the same time has resulted in increasing times for sponsorship applications. Family reunification is no longer a priority for this Minister. I called my MP which is conservative and she was not much help. I'm at a loss, I have already waited 10 months and the waiting game is very demoralizing.

If anyone has any idea on how we can put pressure on the government count me in, after all I am a citizen and my vote will go to the party that will help to speed up my husband's processing time. I'm really tired of waiting

M

mikeymyke

Please don't pay attention to the processing times. My wife's visa office, over the past 5 years, went from something like 8 months to 12, to 18, 24, 30 months. Yet we submitted a complete and strong application and got our visa in under 6 months.

You will likely get long processing times if you have lots of red flags or criminality issues, but for the vast majority of people, they will get their PR way way faster than the posted times.

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Thank you Mikeymyke for your post. I was completely freaking out until I read your post.

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
mikeymyke said:
Please don't pay attention to the processing times. My wife's visa office, over the past 5 years, went from something like 8 months to 12, to 18, 24, 30 months. Yet we submitted a complete and strong application and got our visa in under 6 months.

You will likely get long processing times if you have lots of red flags or criminality issues, but for the vast majority of people, they will get their PR way way faster than the posted times.
Thank you Mikeymyke,

Have you taken a look into every spreadsheet, each spreadsheet logs are relating to the same processing time line posted by CIC .... What do you mean by red flags or criminality issue?

If some one has criminal background they will not get criminal report to add with sponsorship application in first place and most of the red flags are related to lack of evidence of applicant relationship... that should not be relate to delaying the application processing time...

what I see here is a tool for CIC to play with applicant since every call agent relate every call to processing time ...

Please let me know if I am missing something here... I am talking for every one ... Not only for those whose cases has been reviewed and landed now they can post their opinions for others lives, spouses and loved once ...

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
my eCAS status changed to IP last week. However, I haven't received request for additional info about the police cert. Do you guys know when I would receive that kind of request? I submitted my application last Dec, seems smooth until SA. However, long wait to IP status...not sure what's next and how long it takes, drive me crazy...

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you ask me, it is clear it's just a mistake on behalf of CIC.
Just think about it, lets take HK visa office as an example, how is it possible that in May 2015 it took 10 months to process 80% of applications and in July 2015 it takes 20 months? It is not possible mathematically, unless the 20% of applications left over from BEFORE July 2014 (May 2015 - 10 months which left unprocessed) are now comprising 80% of ALL applications received from November 2013 (July 2015 - 20 months) till now.
So unless the number of applications in the last 2 years was going down by over 50% year over year it would not make any sense. And if it actually does - it means just the opposite - faster processing times for everyone whoever applied in the last year , as the number of new applications is very small.
The most logical answer is that it is just a mistake, either calculation mistake or upload mistake, for example someone uploading FSW timelines oin the spousal category. Even the timing of the update is questionable as the next quarterly update was supposed to be on August, 20th

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
sashali78 said:
If you ask me, it is clear it's just a mistake on behalf of CIC.
Just think about it, lets take HK visa office as an example, how is it possible that in May 2015 it took 10 months to process 80% of applications and in July 2015 it takes 20 months? It is not possible mathematically, unless the 20% of applications left over from BEFORE July 2014 (May 2015 - 10 months which left unprocessed) are now comprising 80% of ALL applications received from November 2013 (July 2015 - 20 months) till now.
So unless the number of applications in the last 2 years was going down by over 50% year over year it would not make any sense. And if it actually does - it means just the opposite - faster processing times for everyone whoever applied in the last year , as the number of new applications is very small.
The most logical answer is that it is just a mistake, either calculation mistake or upload mistake, for example someone uploading FSW timelines oin the spousal category. Even the timing of the update is questionable as the next quarterly update was supposed to be on August, 20th
I don't know if it's a mistake or not (although you are right, the math doesn't really work), but the only thing that matters is what's happening in real time. Follow the thread for your visa office and look at the spreadsheets -that's the most reliable indicator of what's happening to people now.

jaytanz

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Interview........
Recommended on 27th April 2016 (Approved) DM 5th May
Passport Req..
9th May 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11th may 2016
LANDED..........
TRV ✌
Violet11 said:
Applications are processed according to the priorities set forth by the Minister.
i wish this minister has family suffering due to these long waiting game for family class, he would rather understand what nightmares are we going through :-\