Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
DA005 said:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/permanent-residency-spouse-sponsorship-delays-leave-new-dad-unable-to-support-family-1.2872148

The news above was posted on CBC News in December 2014. It was a news outlining inland spousal processing times and its effect on a couple.

Look at the bottom of the article where it says that if you want your story to be considered, you can sent them an email or the story.

Looking at the above news they posted for inland applications and contacted the cic and government for an explanation, I think that if some or all of us send this processing time news to them and tell them how it affects our married life because of such long processing times, maybe they might be able to make a news out of it. They will definitely have to consider it for they receive innumerable email and stories.

Mind you, all the stories that all the news channels or papers have ever published outline the bad condition of inland spousal applicants or other immigration streams. None have ever looked into the apathy of the outland spousal applicants!!! I think it is time to change it and send them our stories so that it gets the importance and attention that it deserves!

Let me know what you all think.
As Damaris in the book :Thou Shalt Not Marry A Foreigner" says, it's not just one couple that is experiencing this...MANY citizens, residents and their families are going through the same hell. CBC made it sound like there's only these exceptions....so maybe you are right. But they are not going to post articles about systemic failure...I understand they need to put a face to the story

irvah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Vancouver, BC
" I would argue that once all of the economic PR applications are only being processed by this that it would reduce family class times. It is a more automated process, visa offices don't even get involved until the applicant receives an invitation and sends the forms in."

I do not agree that EE is more automated process. It is more complicated process than before-I agree. I doubt that local VO are involved at the very last stage of the process.

EE is just "extra filter" on top of what we had before. Once the application is submitted, somebody must check if the applicant meets the requirements of at least one of the programs of economic flow. If the answer is positive, the data will be transferred to the Pool of Candidates.

To get into the Express Entry pool, skilled foreign nationals have to meet the criteria of one of the federal immigration programs subject to Express Entry. Immigration authorities regularly conduct sample applications, taking those with the highest rating. Sampling time and number of selected applications is not regulated, it's at the discretion of immigration authorities.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
dedoz said:
The processing times are back to normal, looks like they had a glitch in the system or a some error...
I was about to say this.
Now, like every one said, it was mathemacally impossible.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
DanSlh said:
I was about to say this.
Now, like every one said, it was mathemacally impossible.
I am good with the new processing times...LA is 27 months...means we only have 11 to 13 months to wait...

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dedoz said:
The processing times are back to normal, looks like they had a glitch in the system or a some error...
Such a surprise, doh..was trying to tell it many times but members here choose to turn to panic instead..

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
Hello Everyone,

I have updated CIC processing time changed ... please take a look

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jAx8idceIny08eHap0RI1ALY_veYHLdhJc8tp-f2_BA/edit?usp=sharing

Regards,

Officer

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Officer said:
Hello Everyone,

I have updated CIC processing time changed ... please take a look

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jAx8idceIny08eHap0RI1ALY_veYHLdhJc8tp-f2_BA/edit?usp=sharing

Regards,

Officer
Thanks for maintaining this spreadsheet, it is quite interesting. An indelible record of a massive blunder on CIC's part, lol.

My only suggestion is to label the first column as "current" or people might read it backwards.

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
Aquakitty said:
Thanks for maintaining this spreadsheet, it is quite interesting. An indelible record of a massive blunder on CIC's part, lol.

My only suggestion is to label the first column as "current" or people might read it backwards.
Hello Aquakitty,

Thank you for your suggestion, I will definitely update the sheet accordingly...

Regards,

Naponga

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10 2015
AOR Received.
June 8 2015
File Transfer...
June 1 2015.....JUNE 18 2015 ...STARTED PROCESSING....OCT/15....*IN PROCESS*
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
10-7-2014
Interview........
***WAIVED***.
Passport Req..
05-11-2015 PASSPORT SENT 18-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
LANDED..........
02-12-2015
Officer said:
Most of us enjoying the waiting game, that is why no one is trying to do anything with processing time which is the main concern of spousal sponsorship... some marriages will not survive due to time lines of CIC.. I do not believe that the number of application has increased from last year, but the processing time is keep on increasing everywhere in the world ... that is not right and I do not believe we sit and wait ...
As much as I agree with you and enduring the painful agony of being separated from our spouses, It might be a good theyre doing. There is a lot of fraudulent marriages out there. They disguise their identity and use innocent people as bait to get to the land they call green pastures. The waiting time is horrendous!!! I get sick to my stomach when ever I check my ecas and its at a stand still (decision made) !

cheers!

Naponga

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10 2015
AOR Received.
June 8 2015
File Transfer...
June 1 2015.....JUNE 18 2015 ...STARTED PROCESSING....OCT/15....*IN PROCESS*
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
10-7-2014
Interview........
***WAIVED***.
Passport Req..
05-11-2015 PASSPORT SENT 18-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
LANDED..........
02-12-2015
Violet11 said:
My husband had his interview in March of this year and I recently sent the visa office an email asking how long it would take to finalize the process and they responded the following:

Please note that the review of your husband's application is still ongoing and we are unable to provide you with a time frame as to when a decision can be expected. Applications are processed according to the priorities set forth by the Minister. We will inform you on further processing steps in due course.

In other words their priority now is to process people applying under the express entry. People applying under the express entry system are getting their PR within six months which at the same time has resulted in increasing times for sponsorship applications. Family reunification is no longer a priority for this Minister. I called my MP which is conservative and she was not much help. I'm at a loss, I have already waited 10 months and the waiting game is very demoralizing.

If anyone has any idea on how we can put pressure on the government count me in, after all I am a citizen and my vote will go to the party that will help to speed up my husband's processing time. I'm really tired of waiting

I feel your pain totally! demoralizing for sure! Imagine married and not able to be with your spouse. I haven't seen my husband in a year!!! How can a marriage survive and isn't that even call a separation. I am legally separated at this point. I got the same response when I contacted them regarding my husbands application in Accra Ghana. The only difference with mine is, they haven't even started on his application! Its in queue for a review! Piss off! Immigration process for Canada in other countries totally sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
I absolutely agree with you, because of few bad apples several applicants suffer ...

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
Several European countries take 3 to 6 months max to be united with their spouses but CIC is taking years for their applicants, and at the end every one of them blame , processing time due to security, criminal check blah blah ...

ll82

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Looks like the processing times were changed again on Aug 27. Looks like they are back to a more rational time frame.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

Epsilon

Mar 18, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
04-08-2014 and 15-01-2015
AOR Received.
01-04-2014
Med's Request
Re- medical request 27-10-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/11/2015
VISA ISSUED...
13/11/2015
LANDED..........
27/11/2015
you are right they usually blame the long processing times on criminality and security checks. We are living in a world of information technology with data basis, if someone is really a criminal it won't take long to fish them out. my security and criminality checks have been pending now for the past 8 months and my file is on its 16th month now. still waiting to see the end of this long dark tunnel