+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"CIC process to change non-accompanying dependent to accompanying"

Timster1156

May 12, 2013
I received this notice when I contacted CIC regarding my wife's son deciding to come after all. As he was not in Canada, we did not have to do a new application (IMM0008).

Please do not reply to this email.

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:
Add-on - Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class – Spouse, Common-Law Partner, Conjugal Partner or Dependent Child
A *family member of the principal applicant, even if he was listed as non-accompanying dependant in the initial application could be added at a later date. However, it is impossible to add a family member to an application if the final decision has been made by the Canadian Visa Office.
To add a person to the application, you have to download and print the following forms from our Web site and send it to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario:
• a new Application to Sponsor, Sponsor Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) completed by the sponsor and if applicable, the co-signer;
• a new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents, if you are adding a family member who is inside Canada and the application is still in process at the CPC in Mississauga, Ontario;
• a new Sponsorship Evaluation Form (IMM 1283) completed by the sponsor and the co-signer, if adding a co-signer (if applicable);
and
• the add-on request including:
o your client identification (ID) number;
o a letter of explanation;
o a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship; and
o the proof of payment.
You must write ADD-ON on the form and on the envelope. If you want proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc.

General Mailing Address
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

Courier Address
CPC Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

You or your family members must also inform the Canada visa office about the addition of that person to the application.
*A family member is a spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Timster1156 said:
I received this notice when I contacted CIC regarding my wife's son deciding to come after all. As he was not in Canada, we did not have to do a new application (IMM0008).

Please do not reply to this email.

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:
Add-on - Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class – Spouse, Common-Law Partner, Conjugal Partner or Dependent Child
A *family member of the principal applicant, even if he was listed as non-accompanying dependant in the initial application could be added at a later date. However, it is impossible to add a family member to an application if the final decision has been made by the Canadian Visa Office.
To add a person to the application, you have to download and print the following forms from our Web site and send it to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario:
• a new Application to Sponsor, Sponsor Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) completed by the sponsor and if applicable, the co-signer;
• a new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents, if you are adding a family member who is inside Canada and the application is still in process at the CPC in Mississauga, Ontario;
• a new Sponsorship Evaluation Form (IMM 1283) completed by the sponsor and the co-signer, if adding a co-signer (if applicable);
and
• the add-on request including:
o your client identification (ID) number;
o a letter of explanation;
o a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship; and
o the proof of payment.
You must write ADD-ON on the form and on the envelope. If you want proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc.

General Mailing Address
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

Courier Address
CPC Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

You or your family members must also inform the Canada visa office about the addition of that person to the application.
*A family member is a spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child.
Good post Timster!! :D Will be very helpful to others in this situation. Blessings.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
So just to be clear, you have not yet reached a final decision on your original application right?

Timster1156

May 12, 2013
Correct. we have confirmation from Beijing it is recieved, should take up to 8 months and is in the pike to accomplish that. We added a son accompanying so not sure if that will slow anything down or not.

Vin2810

Aug 26, 2013
I am also in a similar situation. I added my spouse to my PR application after I got married last month. While updating my IMM0008 application I misinterpreted the information and ticketed non-accompanying for my spouse. After a week, I send the IMM0008 form again and a letter explaining that my spouse would accompany to Canada.

Do you guys think this would be fine?

Do you think I should call CIC and let them know too?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Vin2810 said:
I am also in a similar situation. I added my spouse to my PR application after I got married last month. While updating my IMM0008 application I misinterpreted the information and ticketed non-accompanying for my spouse. After a week, I send the IMM0008 form again and a letter explaining that my spouse would accompany to Canada.

Do you guys think this would be fine?

Do you think I should call CIC and let them know too?
Hello Vin2810, I would call as well to make sure that it has been corrected on your file. Try to send hard copies where you can get a signature copy from CIC's end to have proof of receipt and/or electronic copies where they will also confirm receipt. It is always better to be pro-active. Blessings.