+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC PR application -mailing address (CONFUSING)

sonjy

Feb 24, 2010
I am helping a friend completing applications for his CIC PR (provincial nominee category).

He lives in Edmonton AB and has AINP nomination (AB), and is ready to send in his file.

A very confusing thing about mailing address:
- His AINP nomination letter clearly indicate on the front page to mail his CIC PR to Consulate General of Canada in Buffalo, NY.
- Buffalo office instruction clearly states (on page A-9) that for provincial nominee "if your address is in Canada", send application to Canadian Consulate General in Fort Erie, Ontario.

Which one is correct? Does it matter?
Thank you --

JS in Edmonton

K

khafinn

Hi ,I think you send your application to Buffalo because that is what I heard from my lawyer. How long did it take your friend to get nominated in ALBERTA?

sonjy

Feb 24, 2010
Thank you.

He went through a AINP calss called SRS (strategic recruitment stream). Applied for AINP in July 2010 received nomination at the end of October 2010. He'll apply next week.

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
Sending it to Fort Erie is essentially the same as sending to Buffalo directly. They gather all the mail at Fort Erie and move it across the border as diplomatic mail; this saves you time and money as it's quicker and cheaper to mail the application within Canada.
If you're in Canada, I recommend sending it to the Fort Erie address via Xpresspost, it'll get to Buffalo faster then sending it directly.
Hope it makes sense.