Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-11-2014
I noticed the CIC website police check section has now been updated allowing FBI channelers to conduct clearances on behalf of FBI. This should be good news for all as chanellers can be very quick.

CIC site reads in part: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

You can download the application form from the FBI website or send a request by mail (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

There are two options:

Option 1: You must fill out the applicant information form and obtain a set of your fingerprints.

Option 2: You may submit the application to an FBI-approved channeler; a private company contracted to provide the certificate on behalf of the FBI. Processing times may vary. Please check the FBI website for a list of approved channelers.

Please mail your completed fingerprints card along with a certified cheque or money order for the applicable processing fees, payable to the U.S. Treasury (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

The FBI or channeler will send you a letter with the results of your record check. That letter will be your police certificate. You should send the letter and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file. All police certificates must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted.

gel_canada

Aug 12, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ONLINE Riyadh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
Doc's Request.
21-01-2015 (PHIL, KSA, FBI PCC, and new sets of Employment Records)
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Passport Req..
10-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2015
LANDED..........
28-05-2015
hello there, Im presently working in saudi arabia ,can you please guide me on how to request for police certificate in United States. I previously work to Cruise ship (Norwegian cruise line Miami Florida) for 9 months year 2011.

I actually dont know why CIC riyadh saudi arabia require me this, considering i didnt stay on land in United States coz im only holding a C1D visa (its a transit visa not a resident)/

Please help me, thank you in advance.

Angel

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
That is excellent news. Finally!

I bet the long delays with getting one directly from the FBI, coupled with a bunch of recent applications with people explaining they will forward the letter when they get it, and the recent FBI change in paper stock to the standard white all contributed to this decision.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This certainly is good news.

Wow...two positive changes from CIC in as many months (Pilot OWP and now this)!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Ponga said:
This certainly is good news.

Wow...two positive changes from CIC in as many months (Pilot OWP and now this)!
There is a federal election this year... ;)

spinning_sponsor

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015
Doc's Request.
09-10-2015 and 02-12-2015
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
IN PROCESS 09-10-2015 DM 11-02-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Does anyone know which channeler would be most recommended. A few of them listed off the FBI directory appear to have... somewhat lackluster websites which doesn't help me put a lot of faith into them

chipolopolo

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
NONE
File Transfer...
27-07-2014
Med's Done....
07-07-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-11-2014
JUst to add on, further reading on FBI website states that

An FBI-approved Channeler may only process requests for a U.S. person (an individual who is a citizen of the U.S. or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.). A lawful permanent resident is any person not a citizen of the U.S. who is residing in the U.S. under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant (also known “Permanent Resident Alien,” “Resident Alien Permit Holder,” and “Green Card Holder”).

So despite the good news, the channeler option will only benefit americans or american permanent residents unfortunately

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chipolopolo said:
JUst to add on, further reading on FBI website states that

An FBI-approved Channeler may only process requests for a U.S. person (an individual who is a citizen of the U.S. or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.). A lawful permanent resident is any person not a citizen of the U.S. who is residing in the U.S. under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant (also known “Permanent Resident Alien,” “Resident Alien Permit Holder,” and “Green Card Holder”).

So despite the good news, the channeler option will only benefit americans or american permanent residents unfortunately
Which...once again, conflicts with the CIC webpage that states that "If you are NOT a citizen of The United States"...you still have the SAME options.

And...why is Option 1 even shown as an option. Submitting fingerprints is NOT and option; it's a requirement!

Whoever wrote that should have written:
Step 1: Get your fingerprints taken

Step
2: Submit to the FBI or an approved Channeler.

Even the last part (above the FBI mailing address) is confusing:

Special notes and considerations

You should provide an FBI certificate with fingerprints. State certificates are not accepted.

Does that mean that CIC now wants a copy of your fingerprints too?
The FBI needs your fingerprints to generate the certificate, but it's as if CIC is asking for them to also be included WITH your FBI certificate.

???

Dottie123

Nov 2, 2014
chipolopolo said:
I noticed the CIC website police check section has now been updated allowing FBI channelers to conduct clearances on behalf of FBI. This should be good news for all as chanellers can be very quick.

CIC site reads in part: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

You can download the application form from the FBI website or send a request by mail (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

There are two options:

Option 1: You must fill out the applicant information form and obtain a set of your fingerprints.

Option 2: You may submit the application to an FBI-approved channeler; a private company contracted to provide the certificate on behalf of the FBI. Processing times may vary. Please check the FBI website for a list of approved channelers.

Please mail your completed fingerprints card along with a certified cheque or money order for the applicable processing fees, payable to the U.S. Treasury (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

The FBI or channeler will send you a letter with the results of your record check. That letter will be your police certificate. You should send the letter and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file. All police certificates must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted.
Can you tell me where you see that info I cannot find it stated on the link.

chipolopolo

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
NONE
File Transfer...
27-07-2014
Med's Done....
07-07-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-11-2014
Dottie123 said:
Can you tell me where you see that info I cannot find it stated on the link.
when u open that page in the link, click on any of the option next to the arrows under the heading , and it will expand showing you that information "If you are a citizen of United States: OR If you are not a citizen of United States:" THEN YOU WILL SEE THE INSTRUCTIONS I TYPED ABOVE REGARDING CHANNELERS

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chipolopolo beat me to it. :)

Just follow his/her instructions by clicking on any of the horizontal arrow heads.
You'll soon discover that they all have the same exact information.
? ? ?

Dottie123

Nov 2, 2014
chipolopolo said:
when u open that page in the link, click on any of the option next to the arrows under the heading , and it will expand showing you that information "If you are a citizen of United States: OR If you are not a citizen of United States:" THEN YOU WILL SEE THE INSTRUCTIONS I TYPED ABOVE REGARDING CHANNELERS
I got it now thank you

rhinogirl88

Apr 23, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Nov-24-2015 (batch email, verify sponsor's residence)
AOR Received.
July-24-2015
File Transfer...
Aug-12-2015 (Ottowa)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May-1-2015
Interview........
Decision Made: Dec-15-2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd Dec-22-2015
LANDED..........
Jan-5-2016
The CIC allowing applicants to use FBI approved channelers to obtain police certificates is great for Americans still residing in the U.S. I live in Canada and am preparing my outland application but keep coming up with this hurdle:

Can you send my FBI Criminal Report to an address outside of the United States?

No. The FBI does not allow CJIS Channelers to disseminate FBI Criminal Report information outside of the United States.

-from the channeler MyFBIreport

Unfortunately, requesting the report directly from the FBI is taking 14-16 weeks :/

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhinogirl88 said:
The CIC allowing applicants to use FBI approved channelers to obtain police certificates is great for Americans still residing in the U.S. I live in Canada and am preparing my outland application but keep coming up with this hurdle:

Can you send my FBI Criminal Report to an address outside of the United States?

No. The FBI does not allow CJIS Channelers to disseminate FBI Criminal Report information outside of the United States.

-from the channeler MyFBIreport

Unfortunately, requesting the report directly from the FBI is taking 14-16 weeks :/
What about having it sent to a friend or family member in the U.S., that can then forward it (unopened, placed into a larger envelope) to you in Canada?

Is there anything shown that would prohibit that?

rhinogirl88

Apr 23, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Nov-24-2015 (batch email, verify sponsor's residence)
AOR Received.
July-24-2015
File Transfer...
Aug-12-2015 (Ottowa)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May-1-2015
Interview........
Decision Made: Dec-15-2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd Dec-22-2015
LANDED..........
Jan-5-2016
Ponga said:
What about having it sent to a friend or family member in the U.S., that can then forward it (unopened, placed into a larger envelope) to you in Canada?

Is there anything shown that would prohibit that?
Can my FBI Criminal Report results be sent to another individual?

You may have your FBI Criminal Report mailed to a designated attorney, if identified in your FBI Criminal Report Request. For reports to be utilized by an attorney, please see specific instructions below.

- from MyFBIReport .com FAQs

I have an immigration lawyer but of course she's also in Canada.