+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC mail attachment says Visa approved

Navdeep Singh Ghotra

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
I applied Paper visa on 11 Nov at Chandigarh. Got a mail from Citizenship & Immigration Canada: Information about @ #$%^&.

Attachment says "Your application to study in Canada has been approved". I went through the mail but "You must seek entry to Canada to obtain your study permit by "????"(yyyy/mm/dd)." is blank.

Is it OK? Can anyone who has got the similar mail confirm. When can travel to Canada. Course starts 6 January

TIA

p.s My passport is still in transit

steakpie

Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Navdeep Singh Ghotra said:
I applied Paper visa on 11 Nov at Chandigarh. Got a mail from Citizenship & Immigration Canada: Information about @ #$%^&.

Attachment says "Your application to study in Canada has been approved". I went through the mail but "You must seek entry to Canada to obtain your study permit by "????"(yyyy/mm/dd)." is blank.

Is it OK? Can anyone who has got the similar mail confirm. When can travel to Canada. Course starts 6 January

TIA

Yes I got same thing.

Can someone confirm if it is usually blank?

thank you

i_am_yey

Nov 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

TIA

I just want to confirm. So you if you lodge your application throug paper application, you will receive a mail first that your visa is approved before you receive the Passport right?

Navdeep Singh Ghotra

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
i_am_yey said:
I just want to confirm. So you if you lodge your application throug paper application, you will receive a mail first that your visa is approved before you receive the Passport right?
In my case, i got a SMS in the evening that Passport has dispatched today. After 5 hours same day, Email was dropped by CIC with an attachment saying application is approved.

Passport is still in transit. I am yet to see that.

rafihyd

Nov 24, 2015
I have got the approval mail from Visa office today morning but no message about passport dispatch :mad:

Navdeep Singh Ghotra

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
In my case, i got a SMS in the evening that Passport has dispatched today. After 5 hours same day, Email was dropped by CIC with an attachment saying application is approved.

Passport is still in transit. I am yet to see that.
Passport delivered today :)

Navdeep Singh Ghotra

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
rafihyd said:
I have got the approval mail from Visa office today morning but no message about passport dispatch :mad:
Congarts bro. Ur application is approved.

One query , Do you also have blank dates in the PDF as i have got in mine?

Baljeet Singh

Jan 8, 2015
I applied online and same is with my approval mail too. I think the date would be filled by visa officer at airport. It should be the date of arrival.

Nep_student

Nov 16, 2015
Baljeet Singh said:
I applied online and same is with my approval mail too. I think the date would be filled by visa officer at airport. It should be the date of arrival.

When was the apply date?? you said you applied online.......

rafihyd

Nov 24, 2015
Applied on paper on 12 november at Hyderabad Vfs
Got visa approved mail today morning and dispatch sms in evening.

Baljeet Singh

Jan 8, 2015
Nep_student said:
When was the apply date?? you said you applied online.......
I applied on 8th of October and got approved mail on 11 Nov and received passport on 16 November means on 40th day under spp..

rafihyd

Nov 24, 2015
Congarts bro. Ur application is approved.

One query , Do you also have blank dates in the PDF as i have got in mine?

Hey Navdeep, Caongrats to you too.
Yes I have also blank fields. It is standard, I think.