File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Is anyone here applying through the London office and is waiting for an interview date that is NOT in London?

My husband resides in Sweden and he has been sent an e-mail that it's been deemed necessary to attend a formal interview with an immigration officer in STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN. Though his application for PR is being processed in London.

Any experiences with a similar situation? Please provide your timeline.

Thank you!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nncs said:
Is anyone here applying through the London office and is waiting for an interview date that is NOT in London?

My husband resides in Sweden and he has been sent an e-mail that it's been deemed necessary to attend a formal interview with an immigration officer in STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN. Though his application for PR is being processed in London.

Any experiences with a similar situation? Please provide your timeline.

Thank you!
Not unusual London is responsible for

Channel Islands, Denmark, England, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Northern Ireland, Norway, Scotland, Sweden, Wales

So when they interviews, they send an officer on an area trip to do them. By the way I suggest you get the CAIPS for your spouse to find out why the interview is necessary. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp you will need a representative form from him.

PMM

LOUIE_1981

Mar 10, 2010
hello nncs just a quick question to your question, your husband resides in sweden, and he got an email not a letter, for the interview? they can do that?

need to know because my wife is doing her sponsorship through south america, argentina but she lives in spain, so she would get an interview throught email if needed? not a letter.

need to know please answer back thanks

beans

Jan 23, 2010
Hello,
nnc I am waiting for my interview in CIC-London. It will be on next month but UK visa office is very slow. I waited almost 9 months to schedule the date of interview (waited 9 months just in the queue of interview). I have no idea how long they will take after interview.

diana90

Nov 11, 2009
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
Sponsorship approval Dec 18th 2009
Nomination.....
MICC approval Jan 11th 2010
AOR Received.
PR in process Jan 18th 2010
We are also dealing with London office, though don't have to have an interview. Not yet, at least. My experience is that London office is slow and they make lots of mistakes (it was in our case). We've been waiting for 11 months only to get medical instructions for my daughter.

Now, after PPR and the Decision Made status on E-cas, they changes it back to In Process and now, a month has passed but we haven't got our passport back yet.

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Hi,

I am also one of the viticms of London, got an email three days ago with the same reply " IT HAS BEEN DEEMED NECESSARY TO TAKE UR INTERVIEW ETC" AND the worst part is that they don't know anything when it going to be arranged yet after passing almost 8 months. All i can do is wait!!! like i did before. But i would need keep pushing them otherwise they will forget about ma case...!!!

one quick question!! can my wife visit me in the UK on her PR card while i m in process!! there is a lot of confusion about this..

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syedd said:
Hi,

one quick question!! can my wife visit me in the UK on her PR card while i m in process!! there is a lot of confusion about this..
Yes.

A PR is not imprisoned. She must be residing in Canada to sponsor you but is not barred from taking a vacation.

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
LOUIE_1981 said:
hello nncs just a quick question to your question, your husband resides in sweden, and he got an email not a letter, for the interview? they can do that?

need to know because my wife is doing her sponsorship through south america, argentina but she lives in spain, so she would get an interview throught email if needed? not a letter.

need to know please answer back thanks

Hi,

Yes it was in an e-mail not a letter.

beans

Jan 23, 2010
If you have mentioned your email address in application form. My experience is they did all communication via email. I am dealing with CIC london and I haven't received any single letter by post. All the letters I've received by email, Including interview invitation/schedule date.

Regards,

beans

saltyng

Feb 23, 2010
Hi Beans, wishing you all the best during your interview. Hope you have printed all your email communications between you and spouse?
I'm still waiting for my interview date.
Cheers and keep us posted.

universalmoe

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2009
File Transfer...
04-11-2009
Med's Done....
11-05-2010
Interview........
20-06-2010
Passport Req..
13-07-2010
Has anyone had an interview and can report back about the types of questions they ask? I've seen lists of questions out there but some of those questions don't make sense. I.e if they ask what the spouse's fav. colour is, how will they confirm whatever answer the interviewee gives them?

Thanks.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
After reading a British Immigration forum, it appears that if you are applying on a spousal application, through London and you do not reside in the UK or where a UK born national, then London seem to request an interview.

This recurring theme seems to come up time and time again in the UK forum and no one has any idea why.

Just out of my own curiosity, I would love to hear about others that had applied Outland through London, did not reside in the UK or where a citizen of the UK not by birth and whether they had to attend an interview or not.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
angelbrat said:
After reading a British Immigration forum, it appears that if you are applying on a spousal application, through London and you do not reside in the UK or where a UK born national, then London seem to request an interview.

This recurring theme seems to come up time and time again in the UK forum and no one has any idea why.
Maybe the visa officer is seizing the opportunity to take an all-expenses trip to Sweden, Norway, Denmark, or wherever! If I were a visa officer and spent my days sifting through applications, that's what I would do.

As for the odd questions - they gauge how you answer things like "What is your spouse's favorite color?" If you answer right away, it seems like you know. As well, they sometimes phone the Canadian spouse, in which case they will verify the answers.
Sometimes the lists of questions they ask in spousal sponsorship interviews come from the USA, where they do an in-depth interview of both spouses separately, where they are asked the same questions and they had better have the same answers - this is done when the gov't suspects immigration fraud and a marriage of convenience.

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Hi everyone....

So my husband was sent a LETTER in the mail by CIC London for a scheduled interview in Stockholm (the country he resides in) on August 10, 2010.

Here's my timeline below w/ London:

Application Filed in Mississauga: January 6, 2010
Sponsorship Approved & File Transfer: January 26, 2010
London - In Process: February 8, 2010
E-mail for interview: March 10, 2010 (with no scheduled date)
Letter in mail for interview date: July 1, 2010
Interview Date: August 10, 2010

Any tips? advice? from experience would be great!

Prodigy4299

Star Member
Oct 25, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
23-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2010
LANDED..........
26-07-2010
nncs said:
Hi everyone....

So my husband was sent a LETTER in the mail by CIC London for a scheduled interview in Stockholm (the country he resides in) on August 10, 2010.

Here's my timeline below w/ London:

Application Filed in Mississauga: January 6, 2010
Sponsorship Approved & File Transfer: January 26, 2010
London - In Process: February 8, 2010
E-mail for interview: March 10, 2010 (with no scheduled date)
Letter in mail for interview date: July 1, 2010
Interview Date: August 10, 2010

Any tips? advice? from experience would be great!
The only tip I have is to reitorate what PMM said> get a CAIPS so you know why they're calling you in.