+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC letter to add new born

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
Hi, I recently had a new born. I am in the process of getting its birth certificate, passport and medical done. Meanwhile, before I reach CIC, they them-self have sent an email asking to upload the fee receipt, generic application, family information form and to finish e-medical confirmation.

They have asked us to upload all the document through MY CIC Account . In the section where I uploaded the documents, months back, I see just ONE section to upload new forms. So should I zip and upload?

Should I upload all the 4 docs requested - fee receipt, generic application, family information form and to finish e-medical confirmation in that one section? is that the right approach?

They have not asked for a passport photo, is that not required?

Last edited:

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi, I recently had a new born. I am in the process of getting its birth certificate, passport and medical done. Meanwhile, before I reach CIC, they them-self have sent an email asking to upload the fee receipt, generic application, family information form and to finish e-medical confirmation.

They have asked us to upload all the document through MY CIC Account . In the section where I uploaded the documents, months back, I see just ONE section to upload new forms. So should I zip and upload?

Should I upload all the 4 docs requested - fee receipt, generic application, family information form and to finish e-medical confirmation in that one section? is that the right approach?

They have not asked for a passport photo, is that not required?
Just scan everything as a single PDF file and upload it. We did the same when our daughter was born few months back. Photos are not required at this stage and once you receive PPR, you will need to send them photos along with passport for COPR issuance.

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
Just scan everything as a single PDF file and upload it. We did the same when our daughter was born few months back. Photos are not required at this stage and once you receive PPR, you will need to send them photos along with passport for COPR issuance.
You combined all documents - birth certificate, baby's passport, imm 0008, imm 5406 and payment proof in one pdf?

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Good luck!!! You should receive PPR request shortly. Make sure you include emedical information sheet along with everything else as proof of completion of medical for the baby.

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
Yes I would include medical too. Just not sure why photo was not asked..since we gave photo for other family members when applying initially..

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Yes I would include medical too. Just not sure why photo was not asked..since we gave photo for other family members when applying initially..
Yeah, not sure why but I guess its not as important. Btw, another tip I would like to give is to not zip the files. Instead scan all the docs as a single PDF file. We did the same and receieved PPR, got COPR and landed a month back as well.

Reactions: hamgha

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
Yeah, not sure why but I guess its not as important. Btw, another tip I would like to give is to not zip the files. Instead scan all the docs as a single PDF file. We did the same and receieved PPR, got COPR and landed a month back as well.
How long after you submitted those additional documents did u get your ppr?

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
How long after you submitted those additional documents did u get your ppr?
It was pretty fast for us, approximately one week after I uploaded everything we got the PPR. However, this will be dependent upon how long your application has been sitting with IRCC as they would be conducting background check, security check etc. so if those stages are not completed, you will not get the PPR.

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
It was pretty fast for us, approximately one week after I uploaded everything we got the PPR. However, this will be dependent upon how long your application has been sitting with IRCC as they would be conducting background check, security check etc. so if those stages are not completed, you will not get the PPR.
Thanks for that..for me it's been sitting for 3 months..my AoR is May last week..

gbaby

Apr 26, 2018
Same here. I submitted my baby's details July 5 and they were updated on my profile July 8. Still expecting my PPR. How long does it normally take as my initial PR application was submitted February 19.

Please assist with a reply on any info that might help me be at ease.

gbaby

Apr 26, 2018
Same here. I submitted my baby's details July 5 and they were updated on my profile July 8. Still expecting my PPR. How long does it normally take as my initial PR application was submitted February 19.

Please assist with a reply on any info that might help me be at ease.